Author Topic: Nire Valley Drop MTB Sportive Event Sunday Oct 26th 2014  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Nire Valley Drop MTB Sportive Event Sunday Oct 26th 2014
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:02:52 AM »
Calling Mountain Bikers,

The 3rd annual Nire Valley Drop Mountain Bike XC style sportive takes place Sunday 26th Oct 2014 @ 11.00 am in Ballymacarbry , Co Waterford.
The distances will range from approx 30km up to 50km , there will be short cuts from the 30km course to the 50km course so each rider can cut out along the way.

The course will have over 30 stewards , first aid , broom quads , mechanical assistance , on course food & water supplies , hot showers at the finish , bike washes , hot food and a great friendly welcome.

In year one we had approx 100 riders , last year we had approx 200 riders, this year we are hoping for near 300. This is a sportive style event not a race , we gladly welcome all levels of bikers and we have distances to challenge all of them.

This is a charity event with funds going to 'Haven For Haiti' and local kids sports clubs.

The course is a mix of forest roads , fire break tracks with some single track sections as well, something for everyone.

We would be grateful if you could make your club members aware of our event , even for road bike clubs there are always some of us who have a mountain bike in the closet at home for the winter months. Or possible like/share our FB page .

Please see attached a flyer of our event.

Any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours in cycling ( road & mountain)

Liam Moore
Nire Valley Drop

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 02:14:45 PM »
Don't forget this is on in a couple of weeks time

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: Nire Valley Drop MTB Sportive Event Sunday Oct 26th 2014
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »
Ok so is this a race or what?
Seems to me to be a Sunday spin that you have to pay for, and miles away from three rock!
I also think the term "Singletrack" should be defined a bit better because the video seemed to only show double track!..... and "Forest roads"

I'll be quiet now  :-X

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 06:16:36 PM »
Lol....davey hates paying for spins :-)

Don't worry davy, I think it clashes with tymon cx so you won't be there ;-)