Author Topic: IMBRC 2013 Club Champs  (Read 5044 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
IMBRC 2013 Club Champs
« on: October 13, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »
Big thanks to everyone who came out today for some deadly racing and craic..!  :) The course was in great nick with a little bit of rain over night to keep the dust down and providing a few slippy moments for the riders.!  ;D

Great supports along too making it an increasing family day out and providing a great athmosphere in the paddock with the chearing and the cowbells.

Thanks to Leo & Cora Mcgarr for the use of the yard for parking/bike wash. And the Kilteel inn for post race venue.

Well done to Colm Keane on a great race from the back coming through the field to be crowned 2013 Club Champ.!  8)
Also Colin and Ger coming in 2nd & 3rd place.

In the guest category, great performance by Daniel Brickenden also starting from near the back and coming through to win the race overall and 1st place guest. 2nd was another young savage David Conroy with Chris Mollaghan finishing 3rd.

Special mention to Gareth Hegarty as the leading junior and to Orla & Aine as the only 2 ladies racing today  :)

Roll on next year.

Club champs overall results Click here

Club champs fastest laps Click here

Photos
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:56:58 PM by Paul »

Offline ColmK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: IMBRC 2013 Club Champs
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:02 PM »
Some fast lap times there starting with Alfie. Great day out so well done to all and thanks to "Paul'll Fix It" for making my dream come true ;D

Offline craig_s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 09:23:16 PM »
Well done Colm on a well deserved win.

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 09:32:23 PM »
Best celebration ever and well deserved win. It was a great day I thoroughly enjoyed it, might even do a bit of XC next year if I can get fit enough  :P
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 09:37:37 PM by Jimmy Mr Excuses »

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 08:16:12 PM »
Well done Colm the top step suits ya, hope to see more of it

Offline Joe J

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »
Great win Colm Well deserved.
Well done Paul and all who helped for organising such a great race !Fair play. The club is going from strength to strength.
Good to be back mtb racing  :)

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
Great win Colm! You certainly deserve it, I'm sure that photograph is already up and framed in your kitchen!
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
Well done Colm....deadly win !
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Col36

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 04:07:16 PM »
Congrats Colm on a well controlled race, thoroughly deserved, chapeau  ;)! Get on Facebook though eh ::)!? Weirdo :D . Well done Ger also. Just when I thought I could relax halfway through the last forest section you barrelled into it so I had to HTFU to the finish line!

Fair play Paul, you should have got an award too. There at every race this year, rain or shine (though it was more shine this year!), even down at BH at the Marathon Champs.

Cheers to Leo for the parking,  it was nice to know we would be able to drive home with our car windows in tact.

Last but not least....how about that support for our club riders on the loop!!!??? Pawel & Co. at the top of that Kicker (he didn't actually have a megaphone!?), Leo's wife in the last forest, Paul and all the club lads at the start finish, brilliant. That sort of support gives ye something energy gels can't! ADRENALINE!

See y'all at the Enduro day for Whitewater!

P.s. the chips & sausages were a lifesaver at the Kilteel pub, good call.