Author Topic: Race Report Gravity Enduro R2 Ballyhoara.  (Read 2522 times)

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Race Report Gravity Enduro R2 Ballyhoara.
« on: May 20, 2013, 10:43:21 PM »
Ok Excuse my typing... Here we go... Great day out by all means, well organized (normal now at this stage by biking.ie thanks lads)
The new starting plan worked quite well with much reduced delays at all stages and sign on etc. Thanks Jimmy for booking us in on Saturday. All the IMBRC crew were off at 11.16 (except 'MR Super Fast' Sean Glynn) who earned himself a 10am slot.
Stage 1- Mostly trail centre track all pedally really quick even used the top ring on my 3x10 setup at one point,
Stage 2- 'Return of the slomp' top half nearly unridable was behind James McCluskey and guess what I thought I was catching him UNTIL WHOLLOP Slomp ah thats why the gap shrank... off the bike & even was sitting on the ground at one stage waiting for Lako to pounce me anyway (as suddenly as it all started) I was back pedalling my heart out on trail centre stuff until the end of the stage (& in fairness had some lovely flowing corners and it pedalled great)
Stage 3- Good Stage short, but all I remember at the start was spying a sneaky line on the right (beside the fence) flew over the slomp (on my left) only for a bit of stray wire from the fence to catch my front brake lever. Needless to say that slowed me up right quick... stayed on though and after a really fast hill descent we were back 'on the main trails' pedalling like mad and I was really swooping though the trees far too close to them rock and trail retainer's but got away with it that time.
Lunch quick bite and off again (thanks last stop cafe)
Stage 4- Had a challenging end to it the top section proved unusable on the day so they didn't use it. Got a hairpin wrong and ended up sitting on the deck again (it sounds like Sean did the same..) but was happy I pulled off the 'hard bit'.
Stage 5- 78min climb up to it (8min 'ish' down) but my god was it some decent.... all out Enduro. Now I have to admit I hit the deck 3 times the last off was far to quick (and fair play to James McCluskey he did try to tell me about 'THAT' spot) anyway this is what one gets for riding blind I suppose..! Big Ian was flying (blind as well) on that new steed of his (super bike) nothing was stopping him at all. Jimmy did so well (off form and injured), Lako smiled all the way (I think he might be hooked or in love with his new bike). Jonathan didn't drop the bike once (wow), Orla did great it's a shame the results didn't show it. James McC..... so quick and tidy and hats off to Sean who showed us the way to perform on the day.
See you all tomorrow @7 I hope. Talk soon Scott. ;D

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: Race Report Gravity Enduro R2 Ballyhoara.
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 09:54:17 AM »
Great report Scott. Duffman and Pete were sorely missed, they would have done well too. Timing system worked so much better this time, hardly any queuing at all. Hopefully we get a good team entry for Ticknock and have a savage weekend. We might even see such heroes as Mr Scarlett and the lycra legend Paul Barry at the next one...........

Offline craig_s

• View Profile
Re: Race Report Gravity Enduro R2 Ballyhoara.
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
Great report Scott and well done to everyone, fast times put in by all
Sounds like it was a great weekend. :)

Ian, the club really needs Paul there to make up the IMBRC dream team
Strava is showing some sneaky training going on so you never know!! :o