Author Topic: NPS 2012 Rd4- Lady Dixon Park  (Read 15911 times)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: NPS 2012 Rd4- Lady Dixon Park
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2012, 08:09:01 PM »
Jesus that sun today was fierce, Great course, great organisation and food afterwards. Well done to everyone involved and all who raced as the heat made it painfull from the start.
I had nothing to give today, well it felt that way anyway. Got a good start due to griding and managed to stay in the top ten for the first lap but then it all went terribly slow apart from the odd few bursts of energy that helped gain a place or two only to loose them again. It must have been all that sun cream slowing me down.
The youths had a tough day of it too, David came in 5th after a brilliant effort coming from what was probably 8th, Adam had four laps that were quite long and did a great job to get 3rd. And poor Ryan was not up for two full laps of the course in u14,s He did manage 1.5 and called it a day, Really long courses for the youths, and the crazy Irish weather that has emigrated from Africia didnt help anyone today. At least we know now why all those northern clubs are so fit.

Well done all

Offline Leo

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 08:22:23 PM »
good race today well done to all the lads that raced :) ;)

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2012, 09:20:33 PM »
A great days racing, Thanks to Adam for doing bottles  ;) Punctured on the last lap and lost a small bit of time but it was a slow one so was flat out trying to finish the lap before it was completly flat. Enjoyed the heat I think my few months in Chad gave me a different perspective on whats hot, would have liked another lap but only coz the course suited me.
Well done to all who raced.

Offline Ger

• imbrc
  • Club Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2012, 09:23:23 PM »
Thanks for the lone of the jersey Paul, it was worth at least 30 seconds a lap!

Offline Joe J

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 09:41:16 PM »
Great race today. What a venue, great weather and challenging course!
Well done to all who finished in that heat .
I got a good start and think i finished some where in top 20 so v. happy with that .
My 'rider of the day' vote goes to Jim for doing 5 laps of that on a bike he never rode b4. Respect !!!!

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2012, 10:04:56 PM »
My 'rider of the day' vote goes to Jim for doing 5 laps of that on a bike he never rode b4. Respect !!!!

Yeah well done Jim,

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 11:03:10 PM »
Feckin results takin ages again

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile

Offline Chopper

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Website Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2012, 11:19:55 AM »
Well done Guys :)
Bring on the puddles

Offline craig_s

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2012, 12:29:46 PM »
Well done to everyone who raced in that heat, enjoyed the course great race.

Fair play to Jim Haide doing the 5lap S1 race!!

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2012, 01:22:40 PM »
Ok - so that was an interesting day.  I realise almost everybody is wondering what I was thinking entering the s1 race and I won't go into the ins and outs of it now but it was something I said that I wanted to try sometime.  I was hoping that when I did it I would have been in better form than my results to date show. I had put in a lot more miles this winter than any other year and feel stronger but for 1 reason or another it hasn't happened in races.  That said I felt there was nothing really to lose by giving it a go yesterday as between holidays and family commitments it was probably my last nps for this season, also I don't believe it done anyone any harm more than likely it spurred on the S2's that I have been battling with to catch me after such a head start.
We got up a rode a prelap and all felt good even the bike was running smoothly for the 1st time this year thanks to Gene Ryan working some magic on it after last weeks club race.  However about 40 mins before the race doing a bit of a warm up a branch went through the back wheel and mangled the dropout and mech.  I thought that was it for the day and even heard a little whimper that sounded something like my 2 year old daughter would make.  Anyway Adam came to the rescue and kindly allowed me to use his bike.  I had never even rode more than 100 metres on a full sus before so that was another unknown. 
Anyway got around with sore back from lap 2, couldn't climb but did learn lessons - on my own bike probably would of been in same position but would certainly have performed better, also I had 3 sleepless nights leading up to the race worrying about what other people would think of my decision to try s1, looking back on it I would try not to let that happen and just be comfortable with my reasons for doing it.. and if let I would probably do it again on my bike.
Big thanks to Adam for the bike which was grreat and ran so smooth also for doing the bottles.  Thanks to all the McGarrs for their support yesterday. Also congrats to Adam on being the only club member to come home with a medal.
On the plus side I got up this morning and rode to work the long way in the sun.

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
S1 Jim ya savage!  Looked like a good race, well done to all that made the effort to head up on such a nice day.  
I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2012, 02:20:41 PM »
not sure about savage James.  Anyway forgot to thank Dave and Suzie for the lift and putting up with me for the day

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »
Well done Jim....Fair play for stepping up and giving it a shot...!! I wouldnt worry about your form, kev had similar form last year and he won Masters at the Nationals...!!  Also i think alot more people are fitter this year and the field has certainly closed up in all cats.! A few years ago a mistake might not cost you anything, now a minor mistake can cost you a couple of places..
I think we must get you to do S1 in future cos thats the longest post you've ever had on the forum  :P

Thanks for the lone of the jersey Paul, it was worth at least 30 seconds a lap!

Well done Ger on your first race in Blue and to finish in 5th place also...congrats..!!  :) Must have been worth more than 30sec a lap i reckon  ;)

Offline Glen

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »
Fair play to all the IMBRCers who were racing yesterday, some good results too. Fair play for doin the S1 cat Jim! Good on ya ;D.