Author Topic: Gravity Enduro - Djouce  (Read 7995 times)

Offline RoseG

• View Profile
Gravity Enduro - Djouce
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:04:37 PM »
Well there wasnt a huge number of IMBRC'ers racing this today, so I'll give you my thoughts on it anyway. Have to say what a super deadly event this turned out to be!! Well done to Niall Davis and team (The 3 griffin lads seem to be doing great work), it was so well organised and the trails were brilliant to race on!! It was great that you could just cruise from stage to stage chatting, then take a short break before you race down the 5 different stages!! James and myself done the stages together which was a great help to me because I was trying to catch him the whole time, which I'm sure pushed me on to go faster!!
But anyway, great day out, can't wait for the next one!
And well done to the IMBRCer's that did race! James, Colm, Niall, Luke, Big Jack (who had a unfortunate mechanical on stage 5), think that was it.....
RoseG

Offline Luke

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity Enduro - Djouce
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 08:13:25 PM »
Fair play on your great ride Rose, was it second you got? Great day out though, organisation was phenomenal!

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »
That’s was fantastic, it’s a brilliant format take it handy on the climbs, chat away to everyone and then boot it on the descents.  There was a lot more climbing/flat than I expected.  What was unexpected was how knackered you were half way down.  The XC riders didn’t get much advantage on the downhillers because they’re more used to 4/5 minutes flat out.  Rose was flying only seconds behind me on some stages.  Colm had a bad crash but was fast on the other runs, Niall not far behind amazing considering he was on a hardtail.  Luke had a bad day and was beaten by a few girls!  My legs are destroyed at the moment, Super pro DH intervals start next week, feck the NPS this is way more fun!

Thanks to the Biking.ie crew, Robin, Stu, Epic and all the others who have toiled away in Djouce over the years it is by some margin the best mountain biking in Ireland
I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 09:25:54 PM »
Savage event, first outing in Djouce, didn't realise how good that place was! Smashed my rear mech and hanger at the very end of the 4th stage and that was the end of my race :'(
Got caught out on some of d tight switchbacks on my big 29er and have a few cuts and bruises as a result.

Brilliantly run race, looking forward to the next one

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
Well done folks sounds like it was a great event,

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 10:49:48 PM »
Well done today folks....looked like fun  :)

Well done to Rose on extending her trophy cabinet and beating most of the top Dh girls and most of the lads too  8)

James....i can see you turing up to races with a breakfast roll in one hand and a can of redbull in the other from now on  :D

Some photos here

Offline niallc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 10:58:35 AM »
Yeah it was a great event and really well done. Was tough to get a good run together, dropping bottles and going over the handlebars a few times didn't help but doing all those descents flat out was great.  A full susser would be a lot faster though so here's hoping I have mine by the next race!  Well done Rose on beating everyone, that was a brilliant result!

Offline tadhg

• UBER Member
  • Conas ata tu??
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 11:26:01 AM »
Well done to the imbrc crew, you all looked feckin deadly, That was some second place rose in the pro's, you keep on doing what you are doing, i didnt get much time to speak to you all but fairplay, maybe we might get a few imbrc peep's more to the ticknock one, be prepaired... :-*
BIKES=MONEY....:(

Offline ColmK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
Hi,

Just  to echo what's been already said - that was a great event and well done to those involved ……that includes you Tadhgster!. I was initially hesitant about the entry fee but yesterday proved it was money well spent.

Also respect to those (Robin!) who discovered the awesomeness that is Djouce and pioneered the original trails . While I'm far from being an expert, I’ve cycled a few trails in Europe and the US over the years and you really can't beat it on a good day.

Later dudes and dudettes!
Col.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »
Some more cool photos from Shay here

Offline tadhg

• UBER Member
  • Conas ata tu??
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:45:06 PM »
http://dirt.mpora.com/news/trek-gravity-enduro-ireland-1.html

Check out the photos in the dirt mag press release, rose there's a good one of you, Its fantastic to see the imbrc jersey on such a well known mountain bike website.  :)
BIKES=MONEY....:(

Offline RoseG

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
Thanks for all the 'well dones'! I really wasnt expecting to beat any of those other girls in my category......think that is what you call been jammy!!  :)

See Paul I told you I had the IMBRC gear on me for one of the stages.....photo proof  :P
RoseG

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
See Paul I told you I had the IMBRC gear on me for one of the stages.....photo proof  :P

Just aswell you got caught on camera now that your an international superstar :P

Offline irlpete

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »
Well done Rose,fantastic photo  :)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
Nice video from some of the french lads that raced at the weekend on a post race trip to 3 rock