Author Topic: Cyclo Cross National Champs  (Read 2829 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Cyclo Cross National Champs
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:52:39 PM »
The CX national Champs takes place this sat 7th jan in St Annes Park.

if your not racing its a great venue for spectators...Get yourself along...!  :)
More info on http://www.irishcx.com

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclo Cross National Champs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 06:10:10 PM »
I'll be there making an attempt at racing after my xmas of mince pies and junk food.. Notice how i didnt put mince pies and junk food in the same category! Thats cause i still have some left and will be eating them before race day.  :)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 07:08:15 PM »
Thats cause i still have some left and will be eating them before race day.  :)

Fuel of champions, Davey  :D

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
And yet again the National champ is....... Mr Seymour! (Aiken 2nd, Adair 3rd) Absolute legend.. Especially when you take into account that Aiken has been on fire recently, I wasnt able to hang around for the Senior race but would have loved to have seen how they handled some parts of the course as it was slippy as hell on the kickers. Only myself Ryan and Luke racing today from the club, dont know how Luke got on but Ryan came 2nd in the U12 and I came fifth in the B race. the top three lads were well away from everyone else come the end, But I a good time I ended up starting from the very back of the grid and didnt even hear the count for start, I was busy chatting to someone and then noticed everyone flying off  :-\ quickly made my way up to the top thanks to the long tarmac section and then a couple of crashes cleared the way for me..some great racing between myself and two others the slightest little mistake in cross and you pay for it in which case I made a few and they made a few, in the end I won that little battle by taking a good lead from the two lads on the last lap who had me bet in the previous race  :) the long set of steps helped as it was a part of the course alot of people couldnt seem to manage to well.

So the end of another cyclocross season  :'( Hopefully next year we'll have a few more members racing as with the opening of the categorys this year it has created a chance for everyone to get some fantastic racing in, nothing like what you experience in mtb its just balls out racing and sure what else would you be doing over the winter months? And... with the Dublin calendar pretty frequent there is little need to go anywhere else making it a pretty short day in all.

Well done and thanks to Team WORC and all that helped out over the season. Roll on next year   

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »
The mince pies didnt do you any harm..!!  ;)

Well done davey, great result..!

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 04:41:16 PM »
Report, video and results here
http://goo.gl/aeYy0