Author Topic: Congratulations IMBRC - that was class!  (Read 8470 times)

Offline Fergal

• View Profile
Congratulations IMBRC - that was class!
« on: June 26, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »
Well done to you all - that was a really excellent event - loved it - the goodie bags are brilliant by the way - I'm eating and drinking everything in there!

Offline djhayes

• View Profile
Re: Congratulations IMBRC - that was class!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:46:45 PM »
Brilliant race absolutely loved the course fair play to the builders and the marshalls slot of good hard work done there

Offline RichardL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
A great 2 days - many thanks to all in IMBRC! Given the rain all week the course was absolutely fantastic. I know there was a huge amount of work put in and it showed. Loved the Bombholes ....... once I'd got up the courage to ride them! Thanks again!

Offline llandai

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:57:41 PM »
Well done IMBRC, you guys put on a great event over the two days with the relay yesterday and the Nps today. The course was fantastic and alot of hard work went into it with the bad weather lately. All the marshals were great as well, encouraging everyone the whole way round, thanks.

Offline MarkMc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 07:04:38 PM »
Well done and thanks for a great race weekend, that Double dipper was brilliant!  you guys did a load of work and it worked out great, the prizes,food track everything was deadly  8)

Offline Fergal

• View Profile
PROVISIONAL results NPS 7
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »
See this link for PROVISIONAL results, well done to all racers - I think that was the toughest & best one of the year.
For any errors - please drop a mail to fergal.kilkenny@gmail.com to resolve them  - thanks

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40769/MTB%20race%20results/2011%20results/2011_XCNPS_Rnd7.pdf

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 09:38:12 PM »
Thanks lads..... glad all the hard work paid off in the end and everyone enjoyed the deadly course  :)

Offline racing795

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2011, 10:41:55 PM »
well done lads, excellent event

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2011, 11:59:08 PM »
I thought we put on an XC race...  :-[  :-\

Offline acer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 08:53:49 AM »
Yes I was watchin him,  he was unreal, he put on a great show, crowd lovin it, the faces of the lads behind, there are a few other shots of em on MAD, excellent photos.

Offline OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 11:52:05 AM »
Well done lads on putting on a great event. It was plain to see by everyone that you guys put in a huge effort. Thank christ you shortened it a tad!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:49:36 PM »
Thanks Oscar....! Yea, shortening it was the right option...! I actually thought a week ago it was going to be a bit quick so we extended rabbit ride up to the bend at the masts to add another 2/3 mins. It would have been very tough with the kicker climb still in...

Offline andrewb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:21:50 PM »
Excellant race lads, I didn't have time at the finish to thank anyone. It was so well organised and the course held up really well. Some difference in the course from sat to sun. I hope all the organisers find the satisfaction of running a good race worth the effort of organising and running one. Thanks again.

Offline mayan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 01:40:10 PM »
Just to add my thanks as well, great course and fantastic weather!!
I can't imagine how much graft you all must have put in over the last few weeks, the digging, the hardcore and even down to the guy we met strimming the field for the finish straight in the lashing rain last monday! It was definintely worth it, thanks!

If anyone found a topeak saddle pack or saw one abandoned along the way, let me know, i'm sure i started the race with it, but it wasnt there when i finished!!!

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
Well done to all involved. 
I don't think I've seen people as stressed as Paul, Luke and Colm last Wednesday and that was even before the rain we had Friday.  There was a huge amount of work put in and it showed.  The course held up great, it was deadly.  Great weekend, anyone I spoke to gave great feedback.
On a personal level I was very lucky to be one of the club members that raced, so many gave up their race to marshall and help out where needed.  It was great to get the win in S2 my 1st ever and even better that it was run by IMBRC.  Thanks to Michelle for doing bottles without even being asked beforehand and also to Dave O' B who gave up his race to marshall and gave huge encouragement on every lap.

Jim