Author Topic: 2011 MTB Euro Masters Cancelled  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile

Offline Ben

• View Profile
    • Spoke.ie
Re: 2011 MTB Euro Masters Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »
Words fail me, well actually they don't.  Unbelievable.  What a disgrace.  I am embaressed to be Irish on this one.  I've heard Richie is interested in stepping in.  More power to him.  I hope it works out.

To my knowledge noone in the MTB community was consulted on this event.  Closed shop from start to finish.  I'll stop now before I say something I will regret. 

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • UBER Member
  • 1001, 1002, 1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:15 AM »
Oh my god, what that could have done for mtb in ireland and as per usual sport in ths country is treated like the dirt on their shoes, absolute joke.
You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »
Unbelieveable - its hard to believe this could go so wrong. 

However, I can't say that its such a big surprise now that I look back at what I know since it was announced.  Holding it in Killarney seemed great when I heard it but as for the actual race location what can I say! 

Anyone who travelled down to the NPS this year could blatantly see that it was not going to be suitable and a lot of funding and work would be required.  Why this location was persued after that was certainly beyond me and the majority of people I spoke with.  I believe there are better locations where a lot less work would have needed to be done around the country. 

I appreciate it would be nice to bring such an event to one of Irelands most beautiful areas where there is lots of accomodation etc. but it wouldn't work without an actual course on which to race.

Jim

Offline ColmK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 11:48:11 AM »
Of course it’s a shame that it has come to this but I think it's best that it has been cancelled. As Jim said the NPS did not bode well so I had little confidence in the project. If it had gone ahead I think it would have been an embarrassment.

ck.