Author Topic: NPS 1 Slade Valley  (Read 9963 times)

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: NPS 1 Slade Valley
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »
Ya fantastic numbers and didn't affect the quality of the race ..g8 feedback from all i talked yo from beginners to seasoned racers ! I echo Dave O 'B comment in thanking the only one not on the list above and that's yourself  Gar ....fair play for all the work u put in .....if you don't mind however i won't be calling you "King Gar" just yet ...lol  :)
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Ciaran

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
GREAT DAY, GREAT EVENT!!!! Any results for the sports available?
Cheers!

Offline wombat

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »
brilliant weekend guys and girls,makes me proud to be associated with you all,great course ,club and riders.give yourselves a pat on the back 8)

Offline Byrner

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 01:47:40 PM »
well done Gar..great event , the only excitement I got was driving across the field , i didn't take a spin on the course or you would have been minus a Commissar, great organisation and a great team, that was the biggest tuenout ever in the history of irish XC racing. The previous record was the first national Champs in 1992 that Joe McCall won. There was 217 riders in that. As it was the first National Mountainbike Champinships in Ireland, it was considered a demo event.
Richie

Offline Gar

• UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
Cheers Richie, and thank you for sacrificing your race to help us out.

I think there was 218 at one of the k-Caps, but our numbers were about 235 give of take 1 or 2.

EPIC running the champs in Djouce? - Are you gonna break the record?

Offline Byrner

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2010, 03:15:40 PM »
I hope..but I hope that my Development races contributed to the numbers in Sundays race. And i'm hoping that we keep drawing in bigger crowds to all the races.
I have a plan to do something about the lack of Youth riders and ladies, Mike Jordan is onboard with that so its all good.
You have definitely set the standard for the NPS this year. If the other organisers can't reach that, then they are letting us all down.
we have to support each other and keep bringing in new people, but 80 masters is bad news, we should be looking at 80 riders spread across all categories in the Youth Cats.
If anybody from the IMBRC would like to get involved in developing Youth Riders and has any ideas i'd be glad to hear from them,
Richie Byrne
richie.byrne@gmail.com

Offline Gar

• UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
I have been talking to Mick about it, yeah, you can count me in.

Offline kev

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
Some good results there lads and girl, well done and keep up the training.

Well done to everyone involved in the nps, I got buckets of really good feed back off people.

Kev
If your not hurting, your not trying

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2010, 11:20:09 AM »

There are some amount of kids around on BMX that can do incredible jumps and tricks. They'd have so many bike skills if they changed to XC. It seems all the younger riders are at the DH races though.
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office