Author Topic: Round 2 Leinster: Fudge Sunday  (Read 3931 times)

Offline pedalpower

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Round 2 Leinster: Fudge Sunday
« on: April 04, 2010, 08:44:51 PM »
After riding prelap I wanted a refund. Da mud was horrendous. There was v little flow in a majority of sections.  Promoting club did great work with a lot of hardcore and I enjoyed switch back climbs. One  tricky section with slippy slippy drops   >:(.  Rode Anthem with Nobby Nicks (2.0), had to stop on each lap to manually remove clogging  ???

Big thanks to da fella barging thru the field just after the start and putting me in the ditch  :-*.  Great fun starting at back of field!

Overall a good training day, wud watch waether forecast closely before I'd race there again   :-X.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2 Leinster: Fudge Sunday
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:07:32 PM »
Expensive sunday for me.... Wrapped the mech into the spokes...game over..!!  :'(

I seen Dave spill at the start, should never have happened there..!! Deffo put Dave off his flow for a whole lap and lucky enough no one was hurt..!

Congrats to Rob on winning masters..... Rose for taking her 2nd sport womens title in a row and Killian who was 3rd in Sports in his 2nd race back...

Offline Ben

• View Profile
    • Spoke.ie
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
Savages, well done lads! (and lady).

Offline squeak

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLXB7uC0gWc&feature=related
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 02:53:23 PM »
Great stuff lads....sounded like a muddy one!!

See you all next weekend.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 10:03:31 PM by Paul »

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
Great race ...more a leg buster than a lung buster......The first section  was extremely tough, the mud was quite deep in places and even where hardcore had been applied it was leg sapping, but even though it seemed like half the course it was actually really about 20-25% and then it was into typical Cu Chulainn type proper mtb course with flowy single track, some berms, a few nice drops and a couple of bridges. I  did a pre lap but but sort of wished i didn’t on the final lap as I suffered big time – I am hoping part of the reason was the two previous days trailbuilding and that next week I’ll keep my laps a bit more consistent when it all kicks off in Slade Valley.
It was good to have the timing immediately, Richie did a great job with the commentary and the overall organisation of the event was very good so many thanks to Cu Chulainn  ;) for a great day and a very tough mtb race  !

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”