Author Topic: Cyclocross Nationals Postponed....  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Dave

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • UBER Member
  • 1001, 1002, 1003
    • View Profile
Cyclocross Nationals Postponed....
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:55:58 PM »
Folks,

With great regret I have to announce that we will be cancelling the National Cyclocross Championships this coming weekend. A provisional date has been set as the 31st of January in the same location, however this is provisional to the park letting us use their facilities again. A second date of the 7th of February is also being looked at as a fall back.

As we all know weather conditions have deteriorated and it has made it near impossible for public and private transport for many of us throughout the country and the county. Many riders have been in personal contact letting me know that they would not be able to travel to the race due to the weather.

A decision made between the organisation committee, Off Road Commission, and College of Commissars to postpone the event today in light of conditions and a similar decision in the UK, and as we want to promote this race to all CI riders we needed to make this decision.

However the clouds do have a silver lining. If anyone is interested in riding the course in what can only be described as pristine cyclocross conditions, I would invite you to join me at the sign on area at 11am on Sunday morning. Plan is to do a few laps, then retire for coffee and cake. No licence required. I’ll be wearing DCU kit and looking eager.

Yours in sport,

Greg May, Dublin City University Cycling Club
You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: Cyclocross Nationals Postponed....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:13:58 PM »
sensible decision...!!

Offline tadhg

• UBER Member
  • Conas ata tu??
    • View Profile