Author Topic: National Trail Advocacy Group  (Read 6005 times)

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
National Trail Advocacy Group
« on: April 04, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »
Hi all.  Below is an email from Bryan Conlon of Northwest MTB Club in Sligo.  He is putting together a working group to give  Irish mountain bikers a unified voice when it comes to input into the use of newly announced funds for the "International mountain biking proposition".  I'm sure this is very worthwhile and in the long run could be very interesting for the sport in general. Sometimes it's all about the big picture.....If anyone is interested in more information from him in attending the meeting in Sligo on the 13th let me know:

Good afternoon,

Firstly to introduce myself, my name is Bryan Conlon and I am the chairman of the North West Mountain Bike Club based here in Co. Sligo.

With the recent announcement of 13.6 million in funding to create an “international mountain biking proposition” in Ireland consisting of four national trail centers we felt it was time for mountain bikers to have a strong, unified voice when it comes to trail development, trail design and what needs to be delivered by today's standards.

I would like to propose a preliminary meeting to get a working group together with the end goal of improving Irish trail standards.

Agenda
1. Introductions
2. Establish main objectives
3. Discuss main issues/roadblocks at present
4. Discuss potential solutions/strategies (done in small groups to be summarized and presented)
5. Establish working group/roles
6. AOB

Meeting Location: Sligo Park Hotel
Meeting Date: Saturday April 13th
Meeting Time: 11:00am

Please RSVP with a maximum of 2 representatives from each club.

To make the trip even more worth while we will be organising a spin after the meeting in our local woods so make sure to bring your bike.

Refreshments will be provided on the day.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone you think may be interested or of benefit to this group.

Regards,

Bryan Conlon

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: National Trail Advocacy Group
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 02:11:20 PM »
FYI, this has been canceled for now, just in case anyone was considering going.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk