Author Topic: Best of luck Mareks  (Read 9209 times)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Best of luck Mareks
« on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:09 AM »
Mareks is heading off today to do a few races abroad, he'll be flying the IMBRC flag so send him some winning vibes  :)

Race #1
4th July XCO "SIGULDA CUP" UCI C2.
Registered riders on 30/06/2015
http://tourism.sigulda.lv/userfiles/content/attachment/1435703706815.pdf
Technical guide : http://tourism.sigulda.lv/userfiles/content/attachment/1434357731177.pdf

Race #2
5th July, SEB MTB Marathon (half marathon).
Start list so far (1167 riders):
http://mans.velo.lv/lv/sacensibas/42/dalibnieki/?distance=37
Race map: http://mans.velo.lv/media/competition/maps/42_96374c8f-f4a3-4db6-9fcf-d796f568281b.jpg

Race #3
12th Juyly, VIVUS.LV MTB half marathon.
Unfortunately their page is only in Latvian .
Start list up to date:http://www.mtb-maratons.lv/lv/2.registracija/9.dalibnieku-saraksts-2015/

Race#4
19th July, Latvian XCO Championship, organised by Latvian Cycling Federation.

There may even be another on squeezed in there before he comes back.

Great line up ahead Mareks, Enjoy and keep her lit

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re: Best of luck Mareks
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 09:23:57 AM »
Jesus Mareks ya mad fecker fair play and good luck

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 09:30:01 AM »
Fair play Mareks..! Bring back the gold  ;)

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 09:37:13 AM »
Ahhh ;D thanks lads. I certainly will do my best and hopefully new jersey will give me 10% more speed :D
Just FYI Sunday's marathon will be streamed live here http://straume.lmt.lv/lv/sports/velo/seb-mtb-sigulda/884 from around 8am.
AFAIK next year this will be a European MTB marathon championship race.

“Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”

Offline lunka01

• imbrc
  • Club Treasurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 10:19:46 AM »
keep her lit Mareks
pawel j.

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 11:27:24 PM »
I'll post here updates of races.
Just arrived home....damn...now 6 hour sleep and off to race village.
See my bike, arrived from local mechanic, looks awesome and can't wait to rip the trails ::)
Good nite ,peeps :P

Ohh and damn here is different time zone....+2 hrs ;D

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »
Keep her lit and good luck man...

Offline Flathout

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 11:58:51 PM »
Good luck!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
A short report from me.
now 3 races done.
First one wasn't good for me...maybe it was sleepless night or it was me or 30+ heat or bike's rear shifter...... Enjoyed descents and jumps but couldn't eat all climbs and gears weren't working properly too. I took it as a practice anyway.
Next day it was half marathon race in SEB series. Took it pretty well, was surprised myself. (Still have to upload video footage from this).
Finished 739th from almost 1400 riders (bear in mind, I've been seeded to the back of grid due to not riding all season and that I hadn't any points from previous races).
Then it was week off to sort out bike's tech issues with gears ( new cables and derailleur) and I was away with kids in capital for a youth  dance and folk festival. So no BIKING all week.

Got up Sunday early dropped kids off and drove home 90km. Then quick change , bit food and to another car ready to drive another 40 km to race town. Vivus mtb marathons in Smiltene I always liked, they are using loads of single trails and it getting more popular every year. This was my first mtb race two years ago when I started doing this thing called MTB and as I remember now I could get up in most hills back then  :D
All night was heavy rainin so it looked that it will be interesting race. Went off start line good and with confidence. Was funny to see that some ppl couldn't get up even in first small climb (and I remembered myself couple years ago). Was going well on first km's and then bit fooked up and came off bike banging head against other riders rear wheel. And landed on my left wrist. Got up quickly and continued.....calmed myself down a bit and get in to rythm and to see if there's any injuries . After that all was fine and I was trying to push as much as I could. It was difficult to overtake in single trails so was just following and waiting for opportunity to overtake.
I enjoyed this race so much . Amazing views , trails and competition to the last meter of race. Finished 117th from nearly 300 riders. Might be better position if not that crash....
But so far most definitely this was best race ever what I have done here.
Now week for recovery,rest, bit training and next weekend racing again.
Haven't decided where yet. Plan was latvian xco champs but have to wait and see what's the story with licence there. If no go, then we have a backup race . Summer is goood here, you can race almost every weekend 8)
Most pictures are on my FB page.
Anyway, that's all for now folks. :-*
and if you have free spare time I uploaded full race video from last Sunday un my YouTube channel , 6 episodes (why that gopro cuts videos in episodes? :( )
https://youtu.be/OFUy6CaRJNc

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:40 PM »
Great stuff Mareks

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2015, 08:08:27 AM »
Some going lad fair play

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:48 AM »
Hi all.
Just a short update from last race. We found out that we will need to buy a full year's licence (about 50e) in order to race in nationals so we just regrouped and went some 60km from our base to one local race. We raced there last year so we tought to give it a go again. Drove down to race village to find out that I have forgotten almost everything haha except my bike, helmet and shoes lol. Anyway 10eur down and we are registered for race. That morning was weird anyway. We had left 20min to start so it was (I tought) good idea to go to 'jacks' and get rid of some fluids haha. Came back to start line and everyone was already there so me and my Bro had no choice but to start from very back ( nothing new for me). Just as we stopped at grid, bang and off we go. Damn it, I had to put my googles on in first meters and turn on my gopro haha. That start was unexpected.
Anyway course was almost the same as last year. Tough for arms , some bone shaker for almost a km and couple climbs.
Finished 10th overall, which I think was good (last year I was 14th) result after all. Was praying to mtb god's to not get puncture,  as I said all was left at home ;D
Now I don't think I will do another race here this year. Just we will go and practice on track where nationals where held to see what we missed. And then another recce of race track which will be held on 8th of August. 
That's all from me here this year.
If I have to choose which race was my favorite, defo my vote goes to vivus mtb race in Smiltene. Amazing single trails and good competition.  And i felt very good prior that race and in race (well except that crash).
Ciao lads and see ya all in Ireland in 10 days :P

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2015, 10:49:18 AM »
Some going Mareks and good reading thanks

Offline Chopper

• imbrc