Author Topic: 2014 UCI European XC Marathon Championships 13th - 14th June Ballyhoura  (Read 14892 times)

Offline Ger

• imbrc
  • Club Secretary
    • View Profile
Some great results and performance today, unfortunately Colm had a small spill but looked to have broken his wrist, hope it is not too bad.

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Colm updat: They tried to straighten in Limerick regional hospital it but wrist will need surgery which he will get in Dublin in next few days. Unlucky as we all fall off at some stage but when he fell the ground he fell on was rising up toward him so no chance of deflection just impact !

great race ..Colms fall aside ! Well done Gareth 1st Junior ! Anyone know if there are results up anywhere ?

Dave
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Ah bollix get well soon Colm that's bad news. Fair play to everyone else that looked like a savage event and some fantastic results from Club

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2014, 12:57:08 AM »
Heal quickly Colm.... well done to the podium achievers and all who raced.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
Well done Dave on looking after Colm, real pity, very unlucky I spent second half of race with Dave and Colm he was really strong and just dropped a few meters on last big climb was expecting to see him again and only heard a few minutes after finishing what happened!
Otherwise super event well done to Gareth and Micko

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Yeah, well done everyone. Bad news about Colm :( I fell myself at the start-finish line when we where coming back from in-lap and that was only like 5km done. Whole race my knee ,elbow and hip was a pain. Luckily nothing broken but yeah...fell stupidly :/

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2
“Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:44 AM »
Great day out yesterday and great club performances. Well done to Gareth on the win and micko on his third place. Feeny was on the podium to.
Great results from the rest of the lads
Colm was so unlucky and was having a great race. He passed me at the 60k mark in 12th place overall and was heading for a great category result before the unfortunate fall.

Building up to be another great day today

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Great event. Very well run. Unfortunately I had a few punctures which cost me a lot of time but thats racing. Back to tubeless for me?

Congrats to everyone who raced. Especially Gareth! Great result.
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Are there results to be found anywhere ?

pic of Lako and myself at finish !

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
A class bit of video from sat

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Official results here

Offline RIDER Ado Connell

• imbrc
    • View Profile
That video is really good, the course looked gruelling. Plenty of tired bodies after that..
Really sorry to hear about Colm,get  well soon bud-any chance of a loan of ur bike?:)
Well done to everyone who took part..

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Fair play lads, you's had great results!
I was happy cruising back home with about 10km to go only to see a train of three blue jerseys (colm, dave and Jim) so that gave me a good kick up the arse to get a move on!
Also, get well soon Colm!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Some photos

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Thanks Sean...well done yourself 2nd Expert ..presume same distance..then u beat me by a minute 45 sec ! One of my most enjoyable marathons for a while great racing grabing a wheel then sometimes making a break..I had one of those days where every decision seemed the right one..great craic riding in withe group of which 3 of us were IMBRC. Jim had some issue with a cleat we were working together at one stage earlier (although it was mostly him if truth be told) and I thought he said he had to stop as he had loose teeth ...LOL ! I broke away from our group of about 6 on very last climb b4 last transition but Aidan Mc D powered past on run in then another dude and and I raced for finish but he pipped me on the line ...fair enough as he was faster on single track run in but I would nt leave him past !
Colm is having surgery in Beaumount ..should be finished now and Con is collecting him.

Regards Dave