Author Topic: 2014 NPS Rd2 SAT 10th May - Ticknock  (Read 18196 times)

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2014, 11:29:41 PM »
Yes you can enter tomorrow same as ours. Fiver extra if you didn't reg Online

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Great thanks Paul

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 NPS Rd2 SAT 10th May - Ticknock
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2014, 07:23:18 PM »
Great racing from the gang today folks well done all, I had a disaster of a race. Starting with a puncture on the practice lap and quickly going downhill there after, I had to call it a day when my cleat finally gave up.
Ben Thompson also had a fall early today and warranted a trip to the hospital, unfortunate as he was going well. Get well soon Ben

Tough course but great setup again from the folks at MAD,

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2014, 07:52:33 PM »
Yea Davey exactly..... super course but tough.. so tough... I'm pissed now after two bottles of beer (really quite sad)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline Ger

• imbrc
  • Club Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2014, 08:16:06 PM »
Hard natural course all right especially with the rain. Punctured on the third lap just when I was about to attack  :)

Offline Ed

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2014, 09:10:53 PM »
Good race and course, the winter club Tuesday night spins were good prep! Good race - myself, Scot and another lad were switching places throughout but Scot had the legs and roar :)  on me for the sprint finish!

Offline ColmK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 09:55:21 AM »
That was a tough but good race. Challenging climbing and plenty of twisty techie trail. There were a couple of booby traps waiting for a lapse in concentration too. Overall the race went well for me but I found it difficult to pass people on the single track with two riders falling in front of me at various times. Despite the occasional showers I found the course held up well until the last lap - from then on the racing ralph tyres which came with the bike were deciding what lines to take!

Thanks to the folks at MAD and thanks to Adam for swapping his podium spot for tech zone duties.

Get well soon Ben!
Colm.

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
Some finished shots (from Gary)

For Ed seeing he's not on FB..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:50:01 PM by Scott B. »

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2014, 09:07:59 PM »
Well done to the MAD crew for a great race yesterday.. Plenty of work done on the course which was quite challenging.! A good bit shorter lap lap than Rd1 but felt much tougher.! I felt battered afterwards.
Alot of work done on the course which mostly held up with the weather. They were unlucky with the rain, but sure you cant control that.! Great marshalls too.! I dont think ive ever heard my name called so much in a race for support or slagging  ;D

Personally i was aiming for a top 10 as 3 rock races have never suited me. Ben took off from the start like a rocket and i followed trying to keep up, while thinking slow the fook down.! Got into the single track 2nd behind ben but by the time i hit the tar climb i was in trouble and falling back. Chopper and jacko passed me and a few others. Then in the shizzle i was really suffering with a pain in the chest as i must have blew up... came across Ben on the deck with chopper atending him, so i stopped too and helped till the marshal came along. Lost a few more places till we got going again. By the time i hit the last km on the first lap i had recovered from the pain and could push again. Caught chopper on the fireroad and then on the 2nd lasp i caught jacko on the tar climb and a few others.... Jacko i gave you a one lap head start, whats the story  :-*
Finished 8th so happy enough..! Enjoyed the 2nd lap, not the first.!

Ben has a light fracture of the wrist but hes young and heals quickly, so hopefully he'll be back in action soon.

Offline pedalpower

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
Any results? Post a link.

Wishing Ben a Speedy Recovery.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile