Author Topic: Gravity Enduro 2014 R1 Ballinastoe  (Read 13344 times)

Offline RIDER Ado Connell

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity Enduro 2014 R1 Ballinastoe
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 11:08:30 PM »
Rip it up tomorrow chaps.. Best of luck n here's hoping for a trouble free day. ????????

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 09:25:45 PM »
Great days riding and great results from Team members. Top 10 finishes for Scott and Rory the Beard O Donnell boys were flying. Our new recruit Paul Caldwell aka The banger aka Tayto was actually pinning it and doing very well until he crashed out on 5th stage which was very disappointing as was well within top 10 with a possibility of Podium but thats Enduro and he still had a great day.

I had to push on today as was under the gun with the missus so didn't get the usual banter fun and taking the piss out of Jacko but still enjoyed.

Biking.ie put on yet another brilliant event and think the stages this time were better than ever. It really takes an all round rider to even just complete the thing so well done all the IMBRC crew, Pawel, Colt, Ian, Aaron, Scott, Chopper, Paul, Rory and Paul. Pete was sadly missed but not be me cos that fecker would have beaten me anyway ha ha

The Enduro Team just seems to be going from strength to strength in all category's  :)

Now time to concentrate on the NPS and the club league. Think we need to get those Sandbags out  :P

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 10:35:57 PM »
Results click here

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
Well done to you to Jimmy... Beating Glynner.... I say he's none to impressed.. Jimmy your cat is so competitive you would be top 10 and seeded in my cat AND both of the lower one's.... Anyway if you can't win it in your own head my dad tells me to give it up...! But so far so good we always win in our dreams.. don’t we...?
I was planning to finish from the off so was being 'steady' so much so that on stage 1 that I was half asleep just didn’t want to pedal... I think I needed a warm up stage??? More tactics for next time maybe (or a red bull or just a swift kick)
Anyway the rest of the race went well, so I decided to jump over a little rock garden at about 40kph that was all ok....... and I thought I had cleared it... anyway on the next couple of turns I could feel the back tyre squishing... got down little vinnie and had to pedal so hard with the 'flat' up hill and through the home run section. In fairness my time seems ok on the stage so that was the first real test since going tubeless and it defo paid off as I managed to cycle until the end of the stage.
Bring on Ticnock (which reminds me I must enter...!)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 01:47:01 PM »
Well done lads

Offline Colt Seavers

• imbrc
  • Club Scrounger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 02:44:03 PM »
Not my best race to date but had a blast anyway :)
Fueled up with pain killers and the will to give it socks.
Hit stage one and like Scott said felt a bit slow, needed a warm up in some trails to loosen up first, but enjoyed it anyway,
Stage two was a complete f**k up for me, feeling good and on a mission failed to notice the broken tape and headed straight instead of hard left, still flat out happened to notice another rider above me to my left and then the penny dropped that I was off track, about turn and a fit of turret syndrome at myself headed back up to the track and tried to make back some time, lost about 2-3 mins  :'( 
Stage 3 was good crack ending up in race village. Time to refuel with grub and more pain killers.  :)
started to feel the pain on the way up to 4 and by the time I got to stage 5 I had nothing left in the legs
Stage 5 was the longest stage with a bit of everything in it, faded badly near the end of it but sure who didn't  >:(

well done lads for another fab days racing

If you want it, I can get it...!!

Offline PaulC86

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 03:14:18 PM »
Bike and body broken. Roll on the next one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 06:00:12 PM »
Went down with my boys to see what is that thing Enduro about, took my camera with me too. Have some pics later  ::)
nice stages, must go there and try myself  >:(
“Life is like a ten speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.”

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 06:39:23 PM »
Really enjoyed that, was a bit worried that I missed the practice day but as it turned out I felt nice and fresh for the entire race. Some cracking times put in by the lads, bad luck for Paul who was flying. Took a wrong turn on stage 5 myself which cost me the guts of a minute which is a pity cos it was where I felt the fastest of all the stages but that's enduro for ya. The trails were great bu I thought stage 3 was amazing, much improved on last year. Roll on ticknock, not many places left I believe....

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 09:44:50 PM »
Here`s some pics from race. Was on stage 3 and 4? as I had to be in city by 3PM  :-X

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.740557495974804.1073741838.100000616824928&type=1&l=2e44ac7d48

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 09:56:12 PM »
A few nice shots of the lads there Mareks  8)

Offline markII

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 10:02:12 PM »
A few nice shots of the lads there Mareks  8)

sure, was looking for IMBRC lads (or jerseys)  :)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Well you found Scott...Hes very photogenic.!!  ;D  Dont know about Colt and Jacko tho  :-\

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:38 PM »
Nice photos Pawel in there too...you would hardly recognise him 'in the blue'.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Offline lunka01

• imbrc
  • Club Treasurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:23 PM »
good shots indeed, Well done Mareks! Can you please allow to tag in your album.
pawel j.