Author Topic: The Bull Raid 2012  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Bull Raid 2012
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 09:56:54 PM »
Yep it was slomp but as I always say we live n a damp s***hole aint nothing we can do about it. Felt good finishing especially as they hand you a beer as you cross the line. Nice touch.  :)

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 11:10:16 PM »
Well done lads

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
Well done lads....sounds like a fair slog..!!

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
I didnt know someone else from the club was even there sorry I didnt bump into ya Jimmy.
For me it wasnt really a mtb race more of a suffer contest and I loved it, in fact the worse it got the more i enjoyed it, the more people I saw give up the more energy I had to go on, the more mechanicals I saw the more I appreciated my bike still workingish.
I was down to two gears big ring at the back and granny&middle on the front. To change gear i pedaled half a rotation forward until it locked up then pedaled backwards half a rotation to clear it ...then she was good to go, brakes rubbed all the way, tyre threads were buried so I was riding/sliding slick muck balls, whole bike weighed as much as a horse. The corn field was another challenge that corn wrapped itself up into everything, jockey wheels,hubs, BB,pedals,into the brakes. There was a hose  just before the corn field so you had a clean bike for 5 mins though :D.
I set up my marquee the night before and race day we were allowed park the cars beside our pit which was brilliant, didnt have to carry a load of stuff around or leave anything expensive unattended.I even got a small nap in..in the comfort of the car ;D
I had 4 laps done when the 6hr started and just about pulled another 3 out of the bag after.
The weather turned for the second half into a lovely sunny day and there was a lot more smiley faces to be seen.
Last year conditions were perfect, this year it was more challenging which is what people who sign up for this are looking for.
Well done to anyone who looked out the window sat morning to see the downpour and still went to the race.
This concludes my report. :)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 12:14:45 AM »

I had 4 laps done when the 6hr started

What kept ya..!! 4 laps in 6 hours....we has 3 done in just over an hour in the NPS  :P

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 09:35:13 AM »
The Nps Course was used and was in good condition but that was only half the lap of the Bull Raid lap and besides I was crawling  :-[