Author Topic: Round 4 - Dublin Blitz - 1st April (Final Round)  (Read 11173 times)

Offline craig_s

• View Profile
Round 4 - Dublin Blitz - 1st April (Final Round)
« on: March 27, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
Round 4 of the Biking Blitz takes place in Ticknock Woods Sunday 1st April, this will be the final Round in this series.

Just signed up for it, hope the weather stays good!!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:02:49 PM by Paul »

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: Round 4 - Dublin Blitz - 1st April (Final Round)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 11:15:13 PM »
Im hoping to do it too

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 04:58:59 PM »
All you young lads should race this...Its on your doorstep..!  ;)

the griffins, ben, smitters, Ryan, brendan, mcgarrs, anto, sean, johnny and anymore i missed should give it ago..  :)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
Charlie.....yourself and Batman should give this ago.!  ;)

Offline Charlie

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 11:49:27 PM »
Brian crashed last Sunday and is stapled togeather. He deffo won't be out and my 4year old crashed today and is heading to crumlin hosp tomorrow to be stitched by a plastic surgeon. So I won't be there. This cycling thing is very unhealthy as far as I can see. I might have to take up something less dangerous like bare knuckle boxing.

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:54:50 PM »
Brian crashed last Sunday and is stapled togeather. He deffo won't be out and my 4year old crashed today and is heading to crumlin hosp tomorrow to be stitched by a plastic surgeon. So I won't be there. This cycling thing is very unhealthy as far as I can see. I might have to take up something less dangerous like bare knuckle boxing.

Jesus Charlie what are you lot up too!!
hope your young lad is Ok, Nothing too serious.

Offline Charlie

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 12:01:54 AM »
He's not too bad Dave. Could have been a lot worse. Kids bounce back quicker than us old men. He want to join the club. I told him 4 was a bit young.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 07:02:42 PM »
Hope the young fella is ok Charlie...? How is Batman..?

Tough race today....4 times up that hill seemend like a good idea before the race..!! First lap was madness as usual, but things quickly sorted themselves out after the quick starters faded half way up the hill..!! Felt it a bit today having done nothing for a week, so just wanted to have a stedy race (and try beat the lads of course ;D).
Stuck with Davey on the first climb, we both passes slow Laco...Then Laco woke up and realized he was in a race, turned on the turbos and we only saw him at the finish..! Davey got away from me a bit too, he was about 100mts ahead for the first 2 laps, could see him but couldnt close the gap. Had a few battles with Paddy Daly, one of steve pollocks mates and Damo Byrne on the first two....Didnt really see too many on the 3rd and 4th laps after the baggy shorts race finished.... Apart from a guy who binned himself infront of me on the back of metro 2 and face planted into the bank.... I took it handy enough of the decents, it was hard on the body and one mistake when tired could be game over.! On a course like that, places are made on the uphills.
Anyway, i enjoyed it (i think).....Great support around the course, i could hear Leo and David a mile away...Seen Alan out there two with the missus and 4 deers.  ;) Thanks for all the support, it helps get you the hill..!!

The junior team had another good day again, picking up a few podiums...Not sure of the results but i think they all had good placings..!! The club result of the day goes to Anto who finially had a race where everything went right for him and won the U16 cat..!! Well done bud.!!  8)

Big thanks to Niall and the Biking.ie crew for putting on the Blitz series over the last month or so..!  :)

Offline tadhg

• UBER Member
  • Conas ata tu??
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
And what about mister ben griffin, the up and coming, who won the junior race with a broken chain and running the last section with the bike over his shoulder 8)

Don't right off us Griffin's just yet

:)
BIKES=MONEY....:(

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:06 PM »
And what about mister ben griffin, the up and coming, who won the junior race with a broken chain and running the last section with the bike over his shoulder 8)

Don't right off us Griffin's just yet

:)

Oh i forgot about him (old age kicking in) and i thought he was doing Baggys..!! Well done Ben, great result!!  8)

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 09:14:07 PM »
Well Done to the lots of you's, som great results.
Especially to Anto who finally got his win, pleanty more to come aswell!
And Ben Griffin, Dark Horse of the juniors. Fair play for keeping the IMBRC jersey on the No.1 spot  ;D

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 09:16:31 PM »
Again well done to biking.ie and all the helpers for another smooth event.
I was really doubting whether I would be able for four laps this morning but knew once I started I would get into race mode and put up with the suffering. Like Paul I just couldnt close the gap on Laco, I would get close on the hills and then once the trail opened up he was gone untill the next climb and the same happened through the whole race. Really enjoyed it in the end and as mentioned the support was great, it made up for all the lonely sections when everyone disappeared on the last couple of laps  :)

The youths were on fire today too, some very impressive races most noticeable was in the U16's Anto getting his win after a few mishapes in previous races he finally got it, and by quite a distance too. Also in this cat was John S who got fourth, Brilliant result for him smiles from ear to ear, well deserved. And Young Brendan Meath also only new to racing had a go today I didnt get his result in the end but great to see so many in this cat.

Another superstar is Ben griffin, Jesus he was flying he was right ahead of me for his two laps and destroyed the opposition we worked together on some of the climbs to try pull out a further lead which appeared to work as he got first position in the juniors... Legend!!
Dont see him for months then he pulls out a win at his first race in about a year.

The McGarrs did their usual thing getting 2nd (Adam) and 3rd (David) in U12 and U10 races, great effort by both of them in what were fairly large categories.

Johnny and Ryan were in the U14 and again Johnny had a legendary race, the winner in this cat had a massive lead from the start but by the end johnny had closed it considerably to take second place, And Ryan came in 6th or 7th. Great result for both in what was a fairly long course for them.

Great results by everyone well done to all who took part.

Legends

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:54:44 PM by dave01 »

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:02 PM »
Heres a few pics from todays youth races

https://picasaweb.google.com/101528348074318633894/BlitzTicknock#

Your link is broken davey..

Race results here

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 11:54:56 PM »
should be ok now