Author Topic: Round 2, Limerick Blitz  (Read 10439 times)

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: Round 2, Limerick Blitz
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 12:54:13 PM »
Will you be leaving your training camp to make an appearance?

Nope unfortuantely I wound up on the beer last night but a comeback is on the cards at some point!

Good luck today.
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2012, 08:47:46 PM »
What a day!!
Fantastic buzz around the IMBRC camp today possibly started off by such good results in the youth cats, Dave U10 2nd, Adam 3rd and Ryan 4th in U12, Johnny 3rd in U14, Anto 2nd in U16 missed out on 1st due to a directional error (Next time Anto) Mickey 5/6th also in U16. Its great to see all these lads giving it socks every time, Young David absolutely busted a gut in his race started mid pack and gained places each lap, Brilliant. Big red face on him for about a half hour afterwards, lol.
The U12 race was another cracker, two young lads from epic got first and second but Adam and Ryan were close behind for the whole race, I can see this cat as one to watch in future.
Johnny in the wrong cat (Should be U12) played a stormer, held his own in third for the whole race and finished with plenty left in the tank. Big Bro Anto is another one to watch for this year, he was highly disappointed with the minor error on the last stretch of single track after leading all the way and then to lose first position, But not to worry plenty more podiums to be taken this year by him I suspect.

Great racing in the senior cat too, Paul came in first out of all of us........ Shocker... lol just kidding. I was close behind him for best part of it but he took off on the last section or two of single track and that was that. Laco and leo were also on our heels for the whole race i think at the end there was 3 minutes between us all, great stuff. Corney and Aidan came in soon after too. I think Ian got a top 15 in Baggy shorts aswell so all in all a great day out, minus the god dam hail stones that poured from the sky at times during the day, other than that the weather was fantastic.

Also want to say thanks to Leo and Cora for bringing most of the younger lads down to race in the van, they had sandwiches, tea and god knows what else packed in there. Great job.

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 09:20:06 PM »
Jesus well done lads! And I heard you had all four seasons down there aswell today..
Gutted I couldn't make it down today  :'( but their will be more..
Some very strong finishes  :)
Hopefully you's will be still on flying form for Robins Seymors race on the 18th!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »

Offline Niall Davis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 11:47:14 PM »
Great racing lads, IMBRC Huuuuhh!

Offline craig_s

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
Well done Paul you can still turn the speed on when you want!!  ;D

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 02:04:03 PM »
Well done Paul you can still turn the speed on when you want!!  ;D

Every now and again i get a burst  ;D Depends on the course...!!

Have to say that was a great race....So fast and flowly and close racing throughout..!! Anyone who didnt go, missed out..!!

Well done to the Junior Team, they started the day off picking up medals in all the races...The work davey and leo have done with them is paying off now..!  ;)

As for my race....Didnt know how i was going as i havent really raced since last May. Got a good start as i know it was important to get into the single track as far up as possible so as not to be held up..! This worked out well, davey nipped in, in front of me and then laco got the both of us on the next section....A few more sections and we had a bit of a fireroad climb which i got slightly ahead of the lads....Managed to keep ahead a pull out a small gap for about the next 15km, but i could still see davey all the time and behind him laco & Leo.... I think we all pushed each other along..!! I know i would liked to have eased off a little but Davey wouldnt go away... :D He caught me on the long fireroad drag at the feed station and we kept together for most of that road, with the other two closing.. I think i just got in the trail before Davey and managed to pull out a few seconds gap....There was about 8km to go from that point which was mostly all down hill apart from one trail which was climbing or flat and very tough at that point in the race... Then into the final few km descent to the finich which is just class and so fast..!! You cant afford a mistake...!!

Great day out and good to be back in the mix...thanks to Davey, Laco, Leo and Ger O Donnell for a great race... And Niall for putting on the event  :)

Offline Colt Seavers

• imbrc
  • Club Scrounger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 03:59:31 PM »
Weldone Paul. All the secret training payed off yesterday :) Great days racing from the off. Big thanks to Biking.ie for another well organised race.
My game plan was to get off from the front row and hope not to be last into the single tracks. Struggled with the climbs but had some great crack on the fast decents.
The last 10k was fun swapping places with a few lads, almost had it at the finish line (wheel to wheel ).  >:(
Overall I was very please with my race and sure theres allways the next one to improve
If you want it, I can get it...!!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »
Hail stones on the start line...

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:16:07 PM by Paul »

Offline Paul

• imbrc