Author Topic: 2011 XC mtb champs...  (Read 10042 times)

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 XC mtb champs...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
http://www.mtbireland.com/?page_id=581
Theirs the first lot of results lads  :)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
Well that was a great days racing, didnt think i would have been able for four laps but the support was great from all the gang. Cheers lads.
Some great stuff today from all who raced from the club and fair play to all who got podiums, great stuff altogether. Well done team WORC on a great race.   

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 11:20:00 PM »
Fantastic event you can always rely on Team Worc to pull out all the stops.  Not a bad day for me, I hadn’t the power in the legs for all those kickers.  Well done to Kev great ride.  Dave O’Brien where did that performance come from:-)  Stevo just outside the top ten too, a great showing by the club.   

Roll on Castlewellen
I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2011, 12:51:41 AM »
A couple of pics:

prerace

while we were chatting and taking pics Kev was on his stationary bike across the way planning victory...the new Masters champ

another IMBRCer with a savage performance Dave O B ...

Plenty of more great performances out there, mine wasn't one of them, one of those twigs Paul referred to earlier popped up on the trail and bent my drop out and derailer.....I wasn't flyin like some of the lads anyway so not overly disappointed but was really enjoying the course which is a credit to Worc ...it would have been easy for them to give us one of the previous routes but they they us a class fresh trail !
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »
Try this one again...

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
What a great course yesterday,Plenty of IMBRC jerseys on track and well done to Kev  on the win and to James for a podium!
C u all tomorrow!!!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 03:27:51 PM »
Well thats was a great day out yesterday...!! Team Worc put on a great course in a fantastic venue, great for spectators too. Fast course but tough going with all the kickers. Not much to say about my race except it was short...

Great to see a big turnout from the club with fantastic results all round from the young lads right up to the auld lads  :) By far our best set of results this year...!
Well done to Champ Kev on super win in Masters...Delighted for ya..!!  :) Jimbo tried not to extend his trophy cabinet but messed up and came 3rd  :-[ Another super race Jim who raced in a cape the whole way to 6th, although they seem to have missed you in the results...Dave in 7th....where did that come from buddy..!!
Steve had a great race in 11th and peter, Davey & Alan doing their first 4 lap race...!!

There was so many highlights..... Micko coming back from a broken ankle, Aine taking 2nd in womens, Sean 5th in Juniors in his first year. The young Mcgarr savages both 3rd.

Well done all... 8)

Some photos here

and

here
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:31:38 PM by Paul »

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »
Yeah great day yesterday deadly coarse.  Was delighted to get 6th. Results are changed now and I'm in.  Well done to kev - even got a mention in today's Irish times. Dave o b had some race took all I had to just stay in front.  Great atmosphere all around course thanks for all the encouragement.

Offline Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011, 10:38:05 PM »
Well done to all the racers. That was some course and was a credit to Team Worc. There were some amount of IMBRC racers over there yesterday and some savage results. Fair play to the guys that had a crack at Robin. Kevs win was something else in Masters and there were plenty of guys flying in behind him from the club.

It was great to see the new members to the club flat out racing yesterday. Aine grabing a well deserved podium position and others very close to podium.  Its a long way from the winter evenings earlier this year where some starting on the bikes.