Author Topic: Sports K-Cup3  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Ben

• View Profile
    • Spoke.ie
Sports K-Cup3
« on: April 02, 2008, 05:03:40 PM »
Sports will be doing a shorter lap than than race 2.
This is because sports is really all about giving it a go.

There has been a huge push this year by riders to move up into their age categories and this has been great so the sports even at round 3 will reflect this and the course shall be less technically demanding but without the mega lung buster climb or the deadly rock of gloom in it for them to contend with but will still feature tracks like Ecstasy, GC and many more......

Hi all, I know we Sports riders are crap but i hardly think this helps the sport.  Sure MTB racing should be accessible but there is a world of difference between Sports and Experts/Masters as it is.  Yes some of the riders at the front of the field are posting times capable of top 10 finishes in higher disciplines but surely this is up to the powers that be to move said riders up a category.  I would love to ride Masters but I am just not fit enough this year yet. 

What do you guys think?  My only answer is to try and ride my bike more and get fitter, easier said than done though with a new baby.

Sorry rant over.....
  Ben

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: Sports K-Cup3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 09:12:45 PM »
Rant away Ben  :)

Yea we are crap but we can only get better with hard work and practice.!!

i agree that there are a few bangers in sports, that need to be moved up to experts/masters... As you know i wasnt very happy at being lapped by the race winner after about a lap and a half in moneyscalp...I though he was an expert or elite doing a practice lap with the speed he went by me.... So i agree its up to the powers to move these people up..!!