Author Topic: 8 Hr MTB Race June 2017  (Read 12021 times)

Offline stugavin

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Hr MTB Race June 2017
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 09:20:20 PM »
Not looking likely Davey, my training plans have been shattered!! Family life getting in the way of biking life.... What's happening 😱
I'm just not getting enough biking time in...

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 05:40:19 PM »
Was talking to last year's winner, Barry Kellet, today. He's not going back either so it's wide open for you Davey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »
Yes, I'm in with a shout now 🤣

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »
Good luck tomorrow Davey! Looks like you've got the weather, that's half the battle right there. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Offline Joe J

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »
I Second thet
Have a blast Davy

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2017, 09:03:27 AM »
Best of luck davey, milos and Michael c

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 10:56:03 PM »
How did it go dudes ?
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »
Tropical day out yesterday with great single track, what more could one wish for

Early start for me as I decided to drive up on the day so was on the road for 4.30am and after an eventful evening trying to fix an issue with my rear wheel I only got to bed for 12.00am
Never got the issue fixed so Jason Griffin came to my rescue and lent me his wheel, thanks Jay. Legend

So arrived for 6.30 and got signed on and directed to my pit bay for the day, pits were very well planned out as race lap circled the bays so was only a matter of crossing the tape to access you feed station.
Race brief was at 7.30 and race started on time with mass start at 8.00, 77 people in total signed up combining pairs, 3x and solo's.
Course had most of the climbing at the start with a lap total ~200m which was all fireroad, one section was quite steep & loose so it kept manners on you.
Single track was all red trail grade, nice an flowy and just about as techy as you would be wanting after 6-7 hrs racing. Each lap required a tag out (Same as enduro) which meant you could (If you wanted) check your times positions on at start/finish line.

My expectation was to hit laps in about 42/43 mins which would have gotten me 9 laps. I had hoped to get 10 laps and with the heat and the slight miscalculation of lap distance I believed I had gotten the nine but turns out I got the 10, Very happy with that.
Took some learning from this event but more importantly really enjoyed the challenge.

I finished up 10th of 28 in solo cat and 21st overall, Winner was Derrick Evan (Serc- JellyLegs) 14 laps

STRAVA LINK

There was a broad range of racer there so If you think you would like to take it or something similar on in future I would suggest to put a little structure to your training and just go for it.

Shout out to Micheal and Milos who done brilliant as a team finishing 5th in pairs and 7th overall (12 laps) winners were Paul Caldwell Epic/Expert & John F WORC (14 laps)

Also special mention to Terry (The Beard) O'Neill who played a stormer finishing 5th in Solo with 12 laps. Great job Terry.

See you all Tuesday for last round of club league
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:01:04 PM by DaveyD »

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 06:35:30 PM »
Great Davey. Sounds like you had a blast! Are yo thinking about the 24h in October?

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
Well done Davey on race and report ! And after that early start and race yesterday for rockin up today with Max at Mountain Sprockets ! More power to u !
Dave
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”