Author Topic: Thats a wrap -2014 Club league  (Read 3295 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Thats a wrap -2014 Club league
« on: July 02, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »
this it over for another year.... thanks to everyone who took part, all the trail builders, timekeepers, supporters and the weather for being mostly dry  :)

Also a big tkanks to the McGarr family for the use of the yard and hose for bike washing every week. I think you would all agree that its much appricated.!

Well done to all the winners and some who narrowly missed out by very small margins.

Jim did enough in the previous rounds to hang on to the win from the poolside in Spain, or maybe it was a case of the lads behind failed to capitalise on his absence  ;) Either way it was well one by Jim Haide the new Club League Champ for 2014 who has tried for years but just missed out in the past.

Also congrats to Stuart on coming 2nd and Duffer despite his best efforts to turn victory into crushing defeat, managed to hang on to 3rd place.  ;) There was all sorts of maths calculations going on during the week betweek stu and duffer  :-[ Well done lads on your first mtb podiums.

Also a very tight battle for the guest podium places. We had Dan out in front for most of the league but dropped away in recent weeks and killian Callaghan filled the top spot. 2nd and 3rd was not so clear cut with the best of 8 rounds kicking in and riders loosing points. Michael Cummins (UCD and semi ex imbrc) managed to hang on to 2nd place bringing back memories of his glory days in 2009 when he was 2nd in the club league. 3rd place was hard fought out between Terry O'Neill (EPIC) , Niamh McGreen (MAD), Eoin Moran (MAD) and Eric Murray (MAD) with Eric and Eoin coming in a tie for 3rd place. After a count back Eric was eventually declared in 3rd place over his clubmate.

In the other categories we had Niamh McGreen (MAD) finishng as the leading lady and almost taking 3rd overall. The leading Junior was Ryan Dunne (IMBRC) who has improved hugely this year going from an average 19min lap last year to breaking into the 14 min laps in the final round. Well done.

All the results and final league table can be found here

Thats it...well done all and our next XC event will be the club champs in sept/oct

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 01:48:30 PM by Paul »

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: Thats a wrap -2014 Club league
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 02:03:34 PM »
And still the best league around  ;)

Well done all, roll on the club champs

Offline Col36

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
Well done and thanks to all involved, always great fun and probably the best XC course around! Thanks to whoever brought the donuts too!  :-*

Roll on the Enduro series!

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 04:43:18 PM »
And still the best league around  ;)

Well done all, roll on the club champs
Well said Davey....A very big thank you to Paul, the McGarrs (Thanks Leo) & all who helped over the 10 weeks, I always enjoy the league, its best training (and racing) you can get...! :)

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 07:04:31 PM »
Thanks to Paul and everyone involved especially the Mcgarrs having their yard taken over every week!

Great racing!
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office