Author Topic: 2013 XC NPS Rd4 - Lady Dixon May 26th  (Read 5897 times)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
2013 XC NPS Rd4 - Lady Dixon May 26th
« on: May 14, 2013, 12:15:43 AM »
Always a great day out and great venue.!!

See who has signed up here

Offline JohnS

• View Profile
Re: 2013 XC NPS Rd4 - Lady Dixon May 26th
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
Anyone heading up this place might be worth a look as well
http://www.mountainbikeni.com/barnett-demesne-trails-jumps-park/
Education is important but biking is importanter

Offline Chopper

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Website Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
heading up there sunday :)
Bring on the puddles

Offline Chopper

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Website Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »
Change of plan, I won't be able to make it up

Best to luck

Jon
Bring on the puddles

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 05:43:42 PM »
They have 285 signed up for that race....pretty good.!

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »
All the best to you all racing today, and don't forget a race report someone..!! :)

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
Well that was one big sufferfest today!
I got a lift of Stephen Pollock this morning and arrived about 12ish. Had a warm up on the lap. The lap itself was one big grind. No let up anywhere. But it was dry thats all that matter. I was gridded to the front of the S2. Not a race that you want to be out front as its was all about who could pace themselves the best. Barry Kellet ripped off never to be seen again. So it was me Jim, Ronny Buggle and Some other chap that lead. We kept this up for the first lap. There was then a disaster on the first lap when there was no one to give me a bottle. I stopped and was thrown Antos bottle (sorry about that) which has some bath salts in it or something. That mixed with gels wasn't pleasant. I solider on playing catch up to the other lads. Caught them and stuck with them for the second lap. Then me and jim blew them away with a bit of working together. Third lap i messed up in a few spots and was in a s**tty mood and i was passed by one of the lads me a jim worked so hard to keep away. So i booted myself up the arse for the fourth lap and clawed back some time on Jim. I had nothing to give after charging the full lap and jim held onto the 3rd place. I finished up 4th. And it can be disputed the man in 2nd received his bottles OUTSIDE the feed zone which is a disqualifications. Maybe should of came third but sure thats racing.
Im pleased with how it went..
looking forward to slade!.... If im allowed race  ;)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »
Well done sean & jim...thats great going.!!  :) Lady dixon may look like a tame course but its prob one of the hardest on the calender... Its 90% peadling, you have nowhere to roll and take a breather.! But its suits the likes of jim, he loves all that hardship  ;D For some reason. they get blessed with weather for that race...its never been anything but a roasting hot day for it..! Still less than last years 27 degrees.
I found nicking poor antos jungle juice mildy ammusing  :D   Another part of racing is managing your race, knowing when to go and when not too...thats nearly a skill in itself.!

How did the rest get on..?

Ah sure we might let you race in your back garden.....you better be nice to your brother to marshall for you  :D

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
Fair play lads well done some good results there

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »
Great racing today really like the course every year but have always done s**te there so glad to get podium today.
Got a good start but Barry Kellet was gone from the start and left a few of us to battle it out. Sean and myself combined for a while and shook most off but 1 who ended up 2 nd. Tried to race him for most of last lap but was on the limit and started to make a few mistakes. Just hung in for 3rd with Sean breathing down my neck.
Well done to all who travelled and once again thanks to Adam for bottles.

Offline Joe J

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »
Well done Lads.Thats a though course , no let up. Cant imagine what it would be like if it was wet.
3 IMBRC in top 10 S2.Well done Jim on podium and Sean snapping at your heals , sounds like great racing!
Nice one Craig for holding off Mccarthy and Lawless for 10 th. Only wish I could be there trying to keep up.There is always next year.

Offline Barrykellett

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 10:18:13 PM »
Sean and myself combined for a while and shook most off but 1 who ended up 2 nd. Tried to race him for most of last lap but was on the limit and started to make a few mistakes. Just hung in for 3rd with Sean breathing down my neck.

Wouldn't worry too much Jim, It's not every day you get to race against a former stage winner in the Ras (or so I believe!)