Author Topic: MTB Rendezvous Sunday 23rd September 2012  (Read 4569 times)

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
MTB Rendezvous Sunday 23rd September 2012
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »
We have a plan for this but it's top secret because I haven't thought about it yet!  Let get as many old friends of the club out as we can, it's going to be some craic!

The offiical blurb

MTB Rendezvous Sunday 23rd September 2012

Revive your Ride on the ultimate Sunday spin.

If you are one of the hundreds of mountain bikers who head into the hills every weekend there is a not to be missed spin for you coming next month.

MTB Rendezvous is a new concept for an MTB spin gathering everyone for food and refreshments at the end of their cycle in Knockree Youth Hostel at 12:00 noon, Sunday 23rd September.

Catering for all abilities you can ride out with your club or regular cycling buddies and travel as far a distance as your legs will take you and from any starting point. The only requirement is to Rendezvous at 12:00 noon in Knockree Youth Hostel.

The concept was put together by a few old time mountain bikers from Dublin keen to create a social MTB event where all abilities could participate in. Trying to create a spin to suit the Super Pro’s and the local trail riders proved just about impossible as routes would be too severe or too tame. Either way everyone would split up and be spread across two mountains (not very sociable) within the first hour. So the idea was to reverse it. Let each group of riders or club choose their own preferred route and cycle out for 1, 2 or 3 hours where everyone would Rendezvous in the one place at the one time.

With Knockree Youth Hostel kindly providing the venue it has the facilities to cater for hundreds of tired and hungry mountain bikers. Nestled in between Enniskerry and Glencree and within view from Djouce forest and the Wicklow way, it is the ideal location for such a gathering and only a short cycle home on the road.

There is no car parking at Knockree so don’t forget to make allowances for your spin home. Enniskerry is only 6km away or take a short climb over the Featherbeds and then downhill all the way back to Rathfranham.

With the great support from all the local MTB clubs, EPIC MTB, Mountainbike Association of Dublin, IMBRC, Team WORC, Racing 795, Rocky Mountain and the Off-Road Commission, all the refreshments will be free to everyone who can Rendezvous at 12:00 noon.

Are you going to Rendezvous?

Further details and updates see us here http://www.facebook.com/bikerendezvous

I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Re: MTB Rendezvous Sunday 23rd September 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 08:04:36 PM »
This should be good! I haven't been on a mountain bike since June, so, I'm looking forward to it!
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 10:36:09 PM »
This should be good! I haven't been on a mountain bike since June, so, I'm looking forward to it!

Will you be setting off from your training camp in the midlands..?

Offline michaelc

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 11:08:39 PM »
Will you be setting off from your training camp in the midlands..?

Very interesting idea, Paul...
I have very little time to get to the gym, so I have to sculpt my guns at the office

Offline wombat

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »
 8)What about starting at club course,riding up Seahan,down farmyard,thru waterworks,up featherbeds and into Glencree?

Offline S.Feeney

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 02:10:11 PM »
Who's going to this?
Everyone I take it!