Author Topic: Djouce ENDURO.... Now lets get to it...  (Read 11839 times)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
Re: Djouce ENDURO.... Now lets get to it...
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »
Ha ha Rob, its hard to believe but I think Hans even exceeded your levels of dislike to rain and cold
But even you turned up yesterday  :-\

Offline RobK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 01:19:16 PM »
You're right Davey , Hans for goober of the year. Maybe it never rained Canada!????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 05:25:03 AM »
Jesus Matt, that Enduro is some crazy s**t! Glad to see you're smiling. Sounds like things could have been even worse. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 06:41:36 PM »
Lads Matt in in Surgery now... (maybe finished) but big happy healing vibes...... please everybody. .

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 07:02:50 PM »
Hoping everything went well

Offline Chopper

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Website Admin
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 07:45:28 PM »
Sending healing vibes

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Bring on the puddles

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »
Any word on Matt..?

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 11:13:44 AM »
Yes the operation went very well he said and he is back on his feet again.

He is going back to St Vincents today.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2015, 11:24:14 AM »
Yes the operation went very well he said and he is back on his feet again.

He is going back to St Vincents today.

Thats great news indeed.!

Offline RobK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2015, 07:51:16 PM »
Good man Matt . Keep her lit ????

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 03:12:03 AM »
Matt now home (Thank goodness)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Flathout

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »
Right lads/lassies Djouce follow up --- This is really a big thank you to all of IMBRC!

The good news is that I will make a full recovery i.e. no permanent issues. They discharged me yesterday because they were so happy with my progress from op on Wednesday. Neck brace for 6-8 weeks and no impact sports/activities for 6-8 months.

I've had a pretty rough and very scary week. Not just for me, but for family and friends too. I don't want to dwell on it too much but I am lucky that I didn't end up with a more permanent serious outcome. At the moment I have mixed emotions about mountain biking but I think given time I will probably end up on a bike again. However I'm sure it will be quite different if and when I do.

A big part of what is already luring me back and something I would miss (which I under appreciated somewhat until now) is the IMBRC group of people. You are all a fantastic bunch. From Pawels very generous offer of the bike while he was away on holidays (I honestly tried my best not to break it!) To Gary for stopping to give me help on the day, and from what I hear carrying the bulk of the stretcher weight to the ambulance! Thanks Scott for sorting the rim and wheel out for Pawels bike and also going to the hospital with Aideen, she really appreciated it. Thanks for all the messages and well wishers (I got so many) it sounds cliched but they do make a difference and help to keep you positive at a time when its easy to get low. The messages certainly kept me occupied with a constant stream.

So thank you all for your support and help when needed! I'm proud to be part of a club with such decent people!!!

Offline PaulC86

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »
Right lads/lassies Djouce follow up --- This is really a big thank you to all of IMBRC!

The good news is that I will make a full recovery i.e. no permanent issues. They discharged me yesterday because they were so happy with my progress from op on Wednesday. Neck brace for 6-8 weeks and no impact sports/activities for 6-8 months.

I've had a pretty rough and very scary week. Not just for me, but for family and friends too. I don't want to dwell on it too much but I am lucky that I didn't end up with a more permanent serious outcome. At the moment I have mixed emotions about mountain biking but I think given time I will probably end up on a bike again. However I'm sure it will be quite different if and when I do.

A big part of what is already luring me back and something I would miss (which I under appreciated somewhat until now) is the IMBRC group of people. You are all a fantastic bunch. From Pawels very generous offer of the bike while he was away on holidays (I honestly tried my best not to break it!) To Gary for stopping to give me help on the day, and from what I hear carrying the bulk of the stretcher weight to the ambulance! Thanks Scott for sorting the rim and wheel out for Pawels bike and also going to the hospital with Aideen, she really appreciated it. Thanks for all the messages and well wishers (I got so many) it sounds cliched but they do make a difference and help to keep you positive at a time when its easy to get low. The messages certainly kept me occupied with a constant stream.

So thank you all for your support and help when needed! I'm proud to be part of a club with such decent people!!!

I said it before and will say it again! IMBRC, a great bunch of lads!
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Offline RobK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 10:45:00 PM »
Well done again Matt . Beautifully written.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 10:59:15 PM »
Well written Matt

Glad to hear the opp went well and you're on the mend.!

Well done to all the lads who helped out. There has been a few rescues in recent years since enduro came along,  duffer, jacko, attillio and chopper to name a few.  Great to have club mates you can rely on to get you off the mountain.

Im sure you will be back to mtb Matt.! Especially if you take the goober of the year trophy off Pawel this year :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk