Author Topic: 2015 NPS Rd4 Sun 28th June - Ticknock Woods, Co Dublin  (Read 17474 times)

Offline Dutchy

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »
Yep... Haven't set it up right yet, tis a little high...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 NPS Rd4 Sun 3rd May - Ticknock Woods, Co Dublin
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »
That's what she said  :P

Offline RIDER Ado Connell

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2015, 11:31:09 PM »
Hay. Can I sign up on Sunday morning. Not sure if I can race till tomorrow so didn't register but I think I can sign up on the day????

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 11:41:06 PM »
Hay. Can I sign up on Sunday morning. Not sure if I can race till tomorrow so didn't register but I think I can sign up on the day????

Does nobody read the rules  :-[  Yes you can but it will cost you a fiver more.!

Now you could have also registered and not paid, then you wouldnt have to pay the extra fiver

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »
looking forward to this race ! Will  be there early for kids races and for some pre laps....whos been around the course....whats it like ?
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2015, 02:01:51 PM »
Good luck today to all the racers....

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Flathout

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2015, 05:10:17 PM »
I hope it all went well today with the racers!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:03 PM »
Jesus that was some course. I absolutely loved it. Didn't start off too well as my brakes got contaminated somehow and no matter what I did I couldn't burn them off and had no stopping power. But sure I thought who needs brakes eh and lashed on ?

I found out on the first bit of single track before Toms Climb that actually I do need brakes pretty badly,  I over hit the turn and slammed into a tree. Lost a good few spots but managed to get back on bike and pushed on.

Climbs suited me and I managed to pull back a few more spaces on Metro. Was all set for Shizzle and was doing well until I met a roady who was like a granny going down the single track, I thought there was no way he would do the drop so went straight for it myself however he decided at last minute he would and made a complete balls of it. I landed up cycling over him and a big pile up ensued. In all the carnage I managed to lose my bottle and again lots of spaces but once I got going I found some speed again and managed to get back inside the top ten. Was going neck and neck then with Patrick until the final decent in the roller coaster when something happened exactly what I am not sure. I know I was parched and concentration was lacking but I banged my head pretty bad and that was the end of my race. Lucky  I had bought a new helmet as the old one would not have withstood the impact as I cracked this from the crash and all. Need to go buy another one now

Despite all the above I still went home with a smile on my face and thought this race was just perfect. Must give a shout out to Patrick though he was absolutely flying and thanks to Aido who managed to give me a good slagging and get some photos of me a little woosy from the fall. 

Thanks Adam for going back up to look for the bottle also and well done all who raced. Ye were all flying. Adam and Joanne and Paul all on Podium savage results again. Any other results that I missed ? I didn't want to hang around as felt it best I got home before the real banging started  ???

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2015, 05:41:07 PM »
Really enjoyed that today, well done MAD greatest marshals ever so much support for them
Hard luck Jimmy at least your helmet did its job.

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
Great report Jimmy 'still buzzing' I'd say... so enjoyed that last year I described it more as a long Enduro Stage... with some long kickers... In the wet last year it certainly was as hard  (on an xc bike) as most Enduro stages... sure MTB is MTB always great to get out

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »
That was a really good hard XC race.....good balance of climbing (with proper hard technical climbs) and fast fun decents and flowy singletrack ! Not many resting spots ...if u rest  ur passed ! A bit of a pile up on my left at the start that Colin unlukly got caught up in...I moved out of way of it with elbows out so did guy on my right as we steadied ourselves...made up some early places and a few more later in the lap on that techy climb that divides into two ! My decending could be better though...especially in the tight twisty stuff ! Swapped places a few times and rode well enough till lap 3 where I leaked a few spots..noticed I was picking different lines due to fact I was tiring early onlap 4...so kept even pace then after one of the very encouraging marshall (who were g8 said go on give it extra 5%  I stood on the pedals for final push to try catch a guy ahead of me ..I gave it everything and shortened the gap and passed him on sprint to line to discover he was in different cat ! great day racing...kids u 8's course was the best of all round I ve been to with Maria and she loved it !
any results ? .dont know where I came and didnt want to pester the timers who looked like they had hands full...will defo get my vote for race of the year..course..marshals... sunshine ....thanks MAD !
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 07:54:33 PM »
Thats was a great race today..! Such a well balanced course and making the most of the trails. Best course up ther in years.!

Personally i had a much better race than the last round in Glendo.! I was able to mix it for all 3 laps which didnt happen in the last race. Fron the start i was with Leo and thought id hang on but he got away on the tarmac climb and never saw him again. Jacko then came into play and we had a great battle swapping places for 2 laps and nearly taking each other out at one stage  ;)
Heading into the snizzle on the 2nd lap, jacko shouts "on yer left"..!! Get out of that...i said back and was able to stay infront till a mistake near the end of the lap. Finally he made the move on the last climb and i had no legs to keep up.  :) Well done jacko, great fun.!  :-*

Great effort from the MAD crew and great support around the course..! Well done MAD.

Bad luck with Ado getting flat, Hans had some trouble and poor Jimmy the tree hugger is back.!! I new that mallet head would come in handy some day Jimmy  :D (glad your ok)

Well done to all the podiums.... Joanne, Adam & Tayto (am i missing any?)

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 08:09:13 PM »
Jimmy, look on the bright side, if you had kept going like you were to the finish you would definitely be looking at an S2 upgrade for next year!  I would have thought you could have come up with something simpler to stay in S3, but using your head is using your head!  Was glad to see you on your feet at the finish, we were literally just heading down to the ambulance to check on you.

I'm seconding all the thought about all the work MAD put into a pretty perfect day and course.  Not that I've done that many many but that was by far the best setup and most fun course I've seen yet....  or maybe 2nd to the Slade NPS last year of course!

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 10:04:40 PM »
Really enjoyed that today, fantastic course that had a bit of everything. Started at the back of the bunch and struggled to get past many. Had a great race with Paul Barry and we were dicing for 2 laps which was great craic (except for the climbs). The three lads ado jimmy and Hans were very unlucky, glad to hear jimmy is ok. Congrats to Adam and Paul for some great performances.

Great atmosphere as usual up there, MAD really did a great job

Offline Jim Haide

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 11:00:49 PM »
Yeah agreed with ye all! Great course tough on the body, but real fun with a good mix of technical stuff.  Could get used to racing dusty trails.
Well done to Adam, Paul and Joanne, hope the heads ok Jimmy
Results
https://www.dropbox.com/s/upitnap8uvs63oy/NPS_2015_RD4.pdf?dl=0