Author Topic: 2015 NPS Rd3 Sun 7 June, Glendalough House Co. Wicklow  (Read 28126 times)

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 NPS Rd3 Sun 7 June, Glendalough House Co. Wicklow
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »
Ah right yeah :)

Sure as said all these years I've been trying to go downhil fast when my true talents lie in going up hill  :P

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2015, 03:48:30 PM »
I Think Joanne got a podium too!!?
S2!

Yes thats right i missed that sorry. Ony seen the results today. Fair play and well done girl

Offline Flathout

• imbrc
    • View Profile
Re:
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2015, 06:56:04 PM »
Good craic at the race. Loved the course. Tried to stay with Davey and Scott but just not fit enough! Kept up for the first lap and then dropped back...all I need is more training.?! Happy enough though.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2015, 08:01:38 PM »
Looks like you were holding hands with Ed & Patrick at the finish Matt.!  ;) Nice battle lads

Great result in 4th S2 for Tayto and Dave Askin in 7th. Dave is flying this year.

Offline pedalpower

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2015, 08:33:00 PM »
Cheers Paul.  Waiting all my life for racing like that. Great to be gridded and managed to hit top 10 into first singletrack section pushed on with Ronan (Giant), gained a bit of time on second lap but he came back smooth and rode 'the drop' on last lap to push out a slight gap which I could not bridge.

Winning 2014 club champs gave me a nudge to push that bit harder & represent title. Great stable lap times.  Found rock garden before switchback disasterous; all over the shop; dab dab dab  :-[

Time to review season goals and push for podium.  Roll on home soil venue at Ticknock.

Great club turnout & craic.

Offline RIDER Ado Connell

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 11:23:32 PM »
I do love NPS. As it was my first real NPS I wasn't sure what to do strategy wise,go all out first lap and risk blowing up on the last or try finish strong? All that went out the window the second the race started and it was just peddle as fast as you can for as long as u can.. That first lap was pure carnage but once I got going I started picking off lads 1 by 1 but couldn't catch jimmy the horse!! Hans was on my tail for the whole race which pushed me on.. One of the best xc loops I've ever been on for sure, a bit of everything throws  into the mix and I'm pleased enough with a top ten finish. Will that mean I'm seeded for the next one and kick jimmy a ass!! ;)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2015, 01:25:48 AM »
I do love NPS. As it was my first real NPS I wasn't sure what to do strategy wise,go all out first lap and risk blowing up on the last or try finish strong? All that went out the window the second the race started and it was just peddle as fast as you can for as long as u can.. That first lap was pure carnage but once I got going I started picking off lads 1 by 1 but couldn't catch jimmy the horse!! Hans was on my tail for the whole race which pushed me on.. One of the best xc loops I've ever been on for sure, a bit of everything throws  into the mix and I'm pleased enough with a top ten finish. Will that mean I'm seeded for the next one and kick jimmy a ass!! ;)

I cant believe that was your first NPS Ado..!! What have you been doing?  :-[ If i have know that i'd have cut your handicap  ;)
As for seeding. You will be seeded based on your overall league position to date.

Back when i was competitive my strategy was to get a good start and get into the single track as far up as you can, so as not to get held up and avoid the carnage/walking.! Then try stay ahead as long as you can. Do a hard first lap without blowing up, recover a bit and settle in for the 2nd lap, then flat out for the last and pick off a few fading lads.

Some brilliant photos from Adrian van der Lee here

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2015, 07:39:49 AM »
I do love NPS. As it was my first real NPS I wasn't sure what to do strategy wise,go all out first lap and risk blowing up on the last or try finish strong? All that went out the window the second the race started and it was just peddle as fast as you can for as long as u can.. That first lap was pure carnage but once I got going I started picking off lads 1 by 1 but couldn't catch jimmy the horse!! Hans was on my tail for the whole race which pushed me on.. One of the best xc loops I've ever been on for sure, a bit of everything throws  into the mix and I'm pleased enough with a top ten finish. Will that mean I'm seeded for the next one and kick jimmy a ass!! ;)

You raced our NPS, do you not consider that a "real NPS" then ha ha

Offline RIDER Ado Connell

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2015, 11:01:55 PM »
Considering I was down helping to park cars in Leo's field 10mim b4 the race and didn't have a clue how to race,which leaded to me cramping up like jono,I think I'd put g ride down as my first proper NPS.