Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by DaveyD on 08 Oct 2015
  • PunchesCross Registration is open folks

HERE
  • #2 by Paul on 15 Oct 2015
  • Anyone doing this one.? Whats the course like?
  • #3 by capnsantini on 15 Oct 2015
  • I'm not around but raced there twice last season. It's pretty bumpy and slow in the long grass, but generally downhill, then a steep muddy shoot through the trees which is important, then 2 horse jump mounds which you take sideways and look huge but are totally rideable with a little speed and will put you miles ahead of those who dismount, then a bit more bumpy grass, a short uphill fire road, then the heart if it all which is a very long and steep run up, no trick to it unfortunately. Then a little  single track then a long not too steep fire road back to the start/finish. At least that's why it was and I doubt it will be a million miles from that. Generally slow and tiring. I understand there will be cold beer at the finish though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #4 by capnsantini on 15 Oct 2015
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNh53870epY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #5 by DaveyD on 15 Oct 2015
  • I did it a couple of years ago and I remember being battered during it. Probably a bit rougher than were used to to be honest!
    Worth doing though
  • #6 by Paul on 15 Oct 2015
  • From the video it looks like it will suit mtb'ers a bit more that grange castle.

Deffo rougher and dragy but looks good. Its been dry the last couple of weeks so the ground will prob nice and hard.
  • #7 by Paul on 16 Oct 2015
  • Signed up now
  • #8 by RoseG on 16 Oct 2015
  • I'm signed up too :)
  • #9 by Paul on 18 Oct 2015
  • Enjoyed that race and course today. Course was a bit more technical which i enjoyed.

Rose did well with 2nd place and Jimmy the savage enduro is now Jimmy the savage CX as he lapped me  :-[

Didnt see how the A race went as i legged it to see the match
  • #10 by Ger on 18 Oct 2015
  • Great venue and course today, more suited to mountain bikers than Grange Castle.
    Pity the let the horses rough up the course  :D
    Enjoyed it despite breaking a spoke that caused the freewheel to turn into a fixer and dropping the chain on most of the technical sections.

• #11 by DaveyD on 18 Oct 2015
  • Well done all
  • #12 by Jimmy Mr Excuses on 18 Oct 2015
  • Ha hs cheers Paul but I doubt that, well done Rose and fair play. I enjoyed it alright but wouldn't be fully converted. To be honest I was heading to Wicklow on the big bike when car was giving trouble so turned around went home and stuck the CX bike in the boot instead. I figured at least if car packs in I could cycle home.  I did enjoy but got a bad start on the advice of Paul who told me position wouldn't matter due to lenght of course so spent a long time catching people only to wash out and get chain jammed and was back to square one. Course was fun and I'll give another one a try some time again I'd say.  Rushed off myself so didn't get to see the A race. Hard luck Get that sounded like a bad race
  • #13 by Paul on 18 Oct 2015
  • I did enjoy but got a bad start on the advice of Paul who told me position wouldn't matter due to lenght of course

haha you fell for that old chestnut   :D  Sure its the same as mtb, if you can stay up there, get into the single track first.!  ;)
  • #14 by Jimmy Mr Excuses on 18 Oct 2015
  • Yeah I did realise when I looked up and saw you yapping away well up the front.  >:(

You live and learn  ;)
  • #15 by Paul on 18 Oct 2015
  • Well you will be seeded for the next one in that series which should help.

I reckon you were around 12th ish
Pages:
Actions