Author Topic: gopro or contour..?  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Aaron_lynch_

• temp-youth member
    • View Profile
gopro or contour..?
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »
hi is the goporo hd or the contour better ???

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
Re: gopro or contour..?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:31:35 PM »
I have the Contour HD and I find the picture quality very good.  Where it falls down is the quality of the mounts.  The vented helmet mount shakes too much on rough trails.  Certain helmets work better than other but they should really have a better solution.  They also don’t make a body mount.

The GoPro is just ugly and bulky in comparison.  They have a cool body mount strap though.  I would say it’s more suited to Downhill than XC/Enduro stuff.  If I was buying again I would go for the GOPRO because you the most interesting videos are DH stuff.  The contour wins as a head cam on a XC spin though!
I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: gopro or contour..?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »
Id agree with what james said...! Because the contour is cylinder shaped i doubt they will ever have a body/chest mount for it but it does have great picture and its touch.! Mine hit the dirt yesterday and not even a scratch.!

GoPro have great quality too but its ugly as james said and quite bulky.! Depends on what you want it for i guess....! Contour is cheeper i think.

Another one to think about is the Drift HD, the cool bit i like about this is it has a remote for turning on and off which you can stick on your bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5v36v2zpqQ