Author Topic: How should you vote on Thursday?  (Read 3531 times)

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
How should you vote on Thursday?
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:55:45 PM »
With the upcoming referendum the mountain bikers of Ireland are pondering on how to vote.  Here’s my handy guide to help you make up your mind. 

What is it then? The treaty amends the constitution so that governments of the future must adhere to budget deficits levels set by the EU.

How does this affect Mountain Bikers then?    Well this is a tricky question as no one can predict the future.  I have compiled an economic model to try assess the impact of various scenarios.  For simplistic purposes I’m assuming Ireland is sticking with the Euro and that the government of the day are as idiotic as all previous governments, two reasonable assumptions.

No vote scenario:  The government will cut spending due to lack of credit.  The reduction in expenditure will lead to job losses and falls in the price of non exportable goods and services.  As bikes are imported from Taiwan these will become relative more expensive to other items such as houses and haircuts.   Fortunately cuts in spending will lead to less state backed trail manufacture and cuts in enforcement of EU conservation rules.  More unemployment may also lead to bums living in the mountains creating cool naturals trails however my economic model is vague in the numbers of people who will go completely mad.

Yes vote scenario: The government will continue spending like there is no tomorrow.  Bikes will remain at relatively the same cost.  Tomorrow will arrive and the no vote scenario will play out for even longer. 

So my recommendation is buy a bike now and vote yes, that way you can afford the bike and you’ll get to ride some great trails later when the country runs out of money!

I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Colt Seavers

• imbrc
  • Club Scrounger
    • View Profile
Re: How should you vote on Thursday?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »
You must have gotten too much sun or your as deluded as the current government.
A yes vote will only cause more hardship and pain. When we can't meet repayments and the eu boys take over it will only lead to more taxs and stelt taxs, more job losses and then further taxs. Who do you think is behind the introduction of the house hold charge and the up and coming property and water charges and god only knows what next. Yes men is what has this country in the mess it in. No means no or is it lets try again till we get it right. After all, the euro zone is in melt down. Spain is ****ed and the rest will follow. They have till the end of the year to ratify this but they are at it again trying to railroad us with there scare mongering.
Was I the only one who saw this coming nearly 10 years ago and got myself sorted good and proper.
So I say a No vote is the best for us. It might give the government a good old kick up the arse and maybe then will they see sence and look closer to home for there next cutbacks.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:43:37 AM by Duffman2 »
If you want it, I can get it...!!

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »
Goverment built trails SUCK... Go build your own and vote NO        :)

Have some balls

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:10 PM »
The goverment cant run the country so maybe the EU might do a better job...!!  ;)

Offline tadhg

• UBER Member
  • Conas ata tu??
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:50:38 PM »
Bunch of twats voted in the yes vote...bet you half of them didnt even understand it...
BIKES=MONEY....:(