Author Topic: Gravity enduro round 4 track talk  (Read 7830 times)

Offline GLYNNER

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
Gravity enduro round 4 track talk
« on: July 03, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »
Hey guys just noticed gravity enduro post on face book stage 3 and five finishing in the race village so there should be a bit of practice done on trails leading in!! Practice makes for fast times;) any other ideas as to where the other stages will be would be cool and we should do a club spin a couple of weeks before the event looking forward to the club enduro and an evening or two trail building :( :P

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Do you even Endurrrooooo.!!
    • View Profile
Re: Gravity enduro round 4 track talk
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Hey guys just noticed gravity enduro post on face book stage 3 and five finishing in the race village so there should be a bit of practice done on trails leading in!! Practice makes for fast times;) any other ideas as to where the other stages will be would be cool and we should do a club spin a couple of weeks before the event looking forward to the club enduro and an evening or two trail building :( :P

Ha ha ya mad thing I was thinking that myself today when I saw the post, def after next week I plan on trying to get down at least once a week and will post when heading.

With regards trail building does anyone have any appetite for next Tuesday evening ?  There is some work that needs to be done and the sooner the better once we get the go ahead (cough cough Paul) for the timing chips

Offline GLYNNER

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »
I'm up for Tuesday  6ish start up at the aerials where the action will be at!!!

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:17:42 AM »
I'm up for Tuesday  6ish start up at the aerials where the action will be at!!!

Yep Tuesdays are good as people really cant be making excuses when they are able to turn up to the league every week  :P.

Ill see you there,

Come on now lads dont be shy we need to get the work done to make this successful,

Paul can I borrow tools from you ?

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 06:46:49 PM »
Sounds good guys, I am on holidays now (for two weeks) then I will be back (wifeless)  :'( so I can work and play hard during the weeks before the Enduro Champs....  :)

Offline GLYNNER

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 08:19:01 PM »
Well guys and gal "orla".lots of snakey balinastoe gravity practice going on today found some trails that have been freshly worked on as the week passes it will become more obvious.there all new to me but some of you will have ridden them before. I did the epic blast trail twice this is over to the top right of the forest and pretty much goes all the way to the car park there's three log jumps freshly built on the top of it.jimmy and Scott seemed to find a trail with work done out the back left of the trail centre going looking for that tommorow:) there's a new section cut after the long board walk trail that cuts into next trail before the big bomb hole stage two possibly.the twisty bits on the run to the car park has a section of grass cut 100 meters before the end. Good luck finding the trails lads I'm heading there again tommorow for about ten

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 08:24:13 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :), And the excitement builds. I reckon this is going to be a savage Enduro, was speaking with Niall Davis today and he is saying it looks like 60/40 trails coilte and the expressway is def being used. I still think though the one we did which dropped down to it is a bit short no ? I didnt see anything above it which could link up. I wont able get down to Thursday Id say and it will be marked out then. Vroom Vroom

Offline GLYNNER

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:42:39 AM »
Went touring again today and found all five stages this is going to be the fastest enduro yet your right jimmy lsd or express way has two stages on it the first half before the bomb hole is a section so is the second half after the bomb hole. The first half starts way up top over the fire road hill and links into the long boardwalk trail it comes to the fire road then left and right all new which leads to the fire road where LSD starts go left at the big bomb hole into another new steep section and then finish I'd say. The log jump stage is another out the top right of the forest finishes in the car park. There marking it on Thursday Niall said today.another stage start is up near the log jump stage and the end of this one has drops and jumps check my strava for today all is covered as far as I could make out.im going up Wednesday and Thursday for practice I've only started to go off the coilte trails in the last week and there's lots of cool stuff up there.Rember lads get off the brakes put pressure on the outside pedal when turning and practice makes perfect!!!

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 11:38:12 AM »
Great Detail there Glynner, Keep it coming...! I am hoping to head up straight from work today as 'on call' tomorrow (Thursday) what time are you planning to start??

Offline orlaor

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
all sounds deadly! Glynner sounds like you know it well at this stage!.....
 i may not make it up there til sat... its just too far away for me to get to after i finish work..... :'(
maybe friday night if anyone is out then? at least then it would all be sectioned off......

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 06:23:12 PM »
Ya I hear Glyner and the boyos have reportedly moved into Balinastoe and have been spotted foraging in the near by woods for food and materials to build jumps  :D.

Ill be heading down tomorrow evening and Friday is a maybe. I think Scott might be heading Friday anyway.

Whats the plan for Sat lads are we meeting for practice ? If so what time and can someone else do the sign on this time as I got a little confused with all the names last time  ???

Offline Jimmy Mr Excuses

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 09:41:53 PM »
I see young Davis has done all the stages tonight and they are up on Strava. I should be there from 5.30 onwards tomorrow if anybody fancies meeting up

Offline Ian

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
Ill be there :)

Offline Scott B.

• imbrc
  • UBER Member
  • Club Enduro Rep
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 01:29:57 AM »
Friday the 9th @6.30 Ballinastoe Enduro practice now its all taped,
Saturday the 10th @ 10am Register & time slot + Practice,
NB I will Sign in anyone who wants to ride as team IMBRC, but as I am like Jimmy (forgetful) please everybody (who wants to ride together) Stick there name on this post and I will sign you in (time slot only)
Talk Fri/Sat,
Scott
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 01:31:37 AM by Scott B. »

Offline Ger

• imbrc
  • Club Secretary
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:04 PM »
Best of luck over the weekend