Author Topic: 2011 XC mtb champs...  (Read 9157 times)

Offline mtbireland

• View Profile
2011 XC mtb champs...
« on: June 23, 2011, 08:58:46 PM »
you can sign-on online now at www.mtbireland.com

Should be a good day out...  best course in Kilruddery yet..!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 XC mtb champs...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:08:43 PM »
Dont forget to sign up for this.! Kilruddery (Bray) is always a great course and not to be missed.  ;)

For Championship Cats its online sign-on and payment only by wednesday 13th July.

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
Is the course accessible this week end for a recce spin?

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:03:55 PM »
no i doubt it... its private land... you can ride it on the sat before

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 10:10:07 AM »
Folks...dont forget you have to sign up for the Champs Cats by tomorrow...!!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
i got Fergal to clarify the situation regarding people wanting to ride the Championship cats on sunday on a day license.

So the story is, you can race on a day license but your only eligible for a Champs medal if you have a CI license (any type of CI license will do as long as it has an IRL designation)

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 01:13:55 AM »
Not sure if I'll get out there on Sat...but info on Sat practice from website as follows:

Saturday pratice:
Gates will be open from 12:30 to 16:00. Please do not arrive before 12:30 as the gates will be shut and the roadway into Kilruddery is quite narrow. Sign on and number pick up will be available once the gates are open
Only riders who have recieved their number boards will be allowed on the Nationals Course and Helmets must be worn at all times
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Not going to make it out today for a pre lap...anyone got a list of signed on riders as I just looked on the mtb forum and some riders (Willie Mulligan was one) had signed on but not on list. Want to make sure I 'm on list .

Also can someone who was out there today give me a brief description of how course is riding ?

Cheers Dave

Offline Greg

• Ex-imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »
Course was sweet today. Dry & dusty, lots of tough short climbs some are very technical. I didnt ride Tombstone but the chicken run only costs a few sec's.Plenty of overtaking space so no worries there, patches of hardcore around so still should be a fast course if it's wet.I think fitness will win over on technical ability, its a demanding course. The cross over bridge is good, great to see something different on a race course. All in all it has a good mix of everything and then some,everyone will be happy with this one i reckon.

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:53:02 PM »
Dave....they just havent updated the list...dont worry about it.

just back from killruddery.....bone dry, but it has since rained on the way back.... nice course, fairly flat and fast with some tough single track kickers thrown in....the first one in particular will be very tough if wet... Generally a fast course using some of the trails we've been on there before.... There are some short technical setions, but over all its a fast flowly course.. As greg says, fittness will win out here..! The bombhole was quite tame compared to slade valley...Tombstone is sketchy, i didnt do it either but the chicken run only costs a few seconds.

Theres alot of tight single track after the start, so getting in to the trail first is key for anyone at the sharp end.

The only negative point i have, is that it could be better raked... I had to stop several times on the practice lap to pull twigs out of the drivetrain...Otherwise a great course..!! ;)

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
Cheers guys...sounds good ...looking forward to it !

Offline James

• Ex-imbrc
  • IMBRC DH
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 07:26:01 PM »
One of the best tracks ever!  Twigs what are you like Paul, if you weren't going so slow the trees wouldn't have time to grow around your mech:-)
I do gap jumps, Sam Hill does gap jumps, we have a lot in common!

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 08:00:55 PM »
One of the best tracks ever!  Twigs what are you like Paul, if you weren't going so slow the trees wouldn't have time to grow around your mech:-)

lol....its narrow minded people like you that cant see the twigs for the leaves  :P

Offline ColmK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Yeah, I was very impressed today.... the location, the beautiful woodland track and the level of organization. There's a few sections of pure biking heaven in it.

Fingers crossed for WORC that they get the good weather they deserve....Potentially "the" event of the year for me.

P.s. Paul is correct -  twigs got caught caught in my wheels twice on my practice lap but I'm sure it'll be fine tomorrow when it gets ridden more.

See ya all tomorrow.
ck/