Author Topic: W200 2017  (Read 3764 times)

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
W200 2017
« on: June 07, 2017, 04:51:42 PM »
Anyone doing the 200 this year?

First for me so will be keeping it steady  :D

I'm aiming on leaving Bray for 7am, so if you've a few hours to kill do feel free to join me   ???

2017 Route

The last few km have some nasty looking kicks that will surely hurt......... If I make it that far!

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
Re: W200 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
Be sure to save something in the legs for the main event on Tuesday, that club league is about to get serious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RobK

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:54:20 PM »
Did it a few years ago during a heat wave . Shay Elliot and Slieve Mann climbs literally had lads in ditches. Was a great day . Try get in with a group so you can draft to save time and energy.  Best of luck Davey

Offline DaveyD

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Ex Goober
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 08:09:39 PM »
So I managed to get through this today...

Planned to start for the official W200 7am start time but traffic into Bray delayed things slightly  :o

Man there were ALOT of people rocking up to start, finally managed to get going about 7.15 which didnt affect me any as I was on my todd anyway  ;D

Overall weather was certainly a challenge at times, very windy in sections which becomes dodgy when you can see people ahead who are clearly uncomfortable/inexperienced in those conditions so I took no chances and played it safe for the most part.

Tough day all the same, finished in a time I had targeted so glad of that, I had decided beforehand to pass on the x 2 food stops as I brought my own grub of which I Just about had enough, I did use of the water stops which were scattered at 4 or 5 points on route. Well marked and marshalled route cannot fault the setup and running of event.

Worth doing once at least, If I was doing it again I reckon I'd start earlier to try and avoid the masses.

Strava link HERE

Offline Paul

• imbrc
  • SUPER UBER Member
  • Club Gofor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »
Good man davey. Can you still walk..?  ;)

Offline Dave O Shea

• imbrc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:26:57 AM »
Well done Davey, Is say wind made it tough going in parts !  did my 1st one with Dwayne for charity back in the day ! Done a few since ...last one with Joe n Craig a few yrs back !
Well done !  U'll be flying for 8 he mtb next week after a few recovery spins !
“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose.”

Offline lunka01

• imbrc
  • Club Treasurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »
well done Davey
pawel j.

Offline capnsantini

• imbrc
  • Club Chairman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
That's one of the hardest days around for sure. When prepping clients for the Étape du Tour back in the day we would always have them do the W200 as it's always a harder day, at least mentally with all that time in the saddle, and physically too with the wind at times. Hopeful the wind was with you yesterday on the home stretch. You're well set up now for that 8h race.